Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Tis a sad day. I've tried putting this off for a few months but now I've came to the realisation that I'm going to have to sell my 166. :cry: With salary reductions and everything else me the wife are going to have to car share for a while!

Details as follows:

Late 2000, X reg in Ontario Blue Metallic with beige leather interior. 99k miles. MOT October 2010, taxed till March 2010. It has a dealer fit 6 disc CD changer in the boot, electric, memory, heated seats and 17" 'Horseshoe' alloys, including the spare. 3 previous owners. Manual gearbox. FSH with most receipts and I had the car serviced with the belt, tensioner, idlers, metal impellor waterpump & spark plugs at approx. 95k miles in July 2009. I have all the old MOT's for the car to confirm the mileage. I have a folder full of receipts for work done to the car previously. The car had a new clutch at 88k miles, it has a full st/steel exhaust system with twin pipes and had a brake overhaul done to it about 10k miles ago too which included some pipes and both handbrake cables being done (£550). The car also had a genuine Bosch MAF fitted just before I bought it last summer and I had a new thermostat fitted 3 months ago. Stack of receipts for other work done previously including a new radiator.

The car is in great condition bodily, inside and mechanically. Only faults that I know of are that the cruise control doesn't work but I have been told it just needs a new switch to one of the pedals and it requires a NSF top arm as it has been sqeaking (passed the MOT like this so not too bad yet). It has new front Eibach springs fitted but I have yet to fit the rears - these will be supplied with the car. Also, if the buyer is interested I can supply them with a set of Koni FSD adjustable shocks and a full DSP upgrade stereo kit with a G2 factory satnav (including disc and code) by seperate negotiation.

So if anyone would like to give me around £2000 for this get in touch by PMing me or give me a call on 07976283853. I'm based in Falkirk, Central Scotland so please remember this if you are based at the opposite end of the country before getting in contact. I've just put the car on here first as I've looked after this car well and would like it to go to another enthusiast. If you want to see some pics have a look at the images in my username - I'm going to wash it today and post some fresh pics later.

Cheers,

Scott

·
Registered
933 Posts
Scott,

:(

Sorry to hear you are selling Mate - sounds like a well cared for car.

Hope you get the sale you want and the car finds a good home.

Bob

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi sorry to hear about the sale, and I don't want to sound like some kind of vulture but will you be selling your DSP and bits separately ?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Possibly. Will wait and see if any interested parties want it as part of the package but if not I'll give you a shout. Out of interest it's everything including the mounting cage, trims, loom with phone connections, speakers, etc, etc.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Man! running a v6 is a killer isnt it!..............The fuel is getting bad, 67 quid on a 329miles run is not great .....plus it was all mway!

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man! running a v6 is a killer isnt it!..............The fuel is getting bad, 67 quid on a 329miles run is not great .....plus it was all mway!
I do short runs so currently looking at about 270 miles for £68. Not too hot really!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Stu, did you get a new car already?
Nah.

I want an enormus, exspensive to run comfy barge and the wife wants a small, easy to park city car.

So at the moment I'm thinking the plan is keep the puma and I will join the Classic car club and cruse around in Jag e types when the mood suits me! :D

But I haven't quite got round to handing over the 200 notes a month!

Stuart

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Opposite end of the country I know but:

2000 ALFA ROMEO 166 2.5 V6 24V 4dr Saloon

Is this the same as Scott's - just slightly higher mileage?

EDIT: Scott's has obviously had a shed load done to it, so if selling, should surely get more than 2K?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mmmm Posted 8 hours ago... I give him another two hours before he changes his mind and desiced to keep it. (again!) :D

I remember him taking a year to buy the bloody thing! :D
2 hours has passed Stu and I still haven't changed my mind!

Although, if I can get a couple of decent homers over the next month or so then who knows but if someone is interested prior to that I will sell! 18mpg on the school run is crippling me.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've never reset the cumulative ICS settings on mine and since I bought it in about Jan 2008 it tells me I've averaged 32mpg, over about 30,000 miles.

Can't complain really, a lot of it motorway but I reckon even a 1.3 Euro-box wouldn't do that much better...

Prior to this I had a Lexus GS300, 26mpg average, before that a Pug 406 Diesel, 40mpg, before that a Previa, 25 mpg, before that a 164 3.0 Auto, didn't really monitor it but I got 35mpg on runs....

Once had a Volvo 360GLi, 18mpg and small and crap...

For me the Twink is the ideal compromise, good on fuel, slow as fuk off the mark but after 30mph well able to keep up and more me, totally balanced. I had two 75's at the same time, a 3.0 and Twink, the Twink was soo chuckable, the 3.0 rapid off the line but a very-soggy front end, which is odd cos I bet the relative weights arent all that different.

I loved the sound of my 164 Lusso, it had a cracking note, even at low revs, the Twink doesn't have that, but when you rev the **** of it, God it really screams, total racing engine noise! Kids love it, always asking me to rev it.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts