Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could not help and got another alfa to my collection today 99 166 2.5 24v auto,beautiful like fek gun grey 87000 miles,but a bit disappointed with performance either auto or sport its slow really slow,compared with my old 166 2.0 t spark,like the engine not revving as fast as it should even on idle revs very slowly anyway i'm happy for the moment plus only 2 warning lights on airbag and handbrake.ps the rubber inlet hose its tapped dont think has something with performance as no engine light on so will investigate.:jester::thumbup:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Let us know when you work it out. My t spark is slow so if that's slower you might as well walk everywhere!

I'd check for air leaks on induction first, and running with maf unplugged. If belts have just been done then maybe they got the valve timing out? Collapsed cat or baffles in exhaust can cause too much back pressure for it to breath too and prob wouldn't give a warning light as it would be after all sensors. Or if someone has jacked it up on the exhaust and crushed the pipe. If it sound healthy enough it's prob something fairly simple though. Does engine light illuminate when you first put ignition on?
I'm not an expert on the busso though by any means so other guys on here might be able to give you some good pointers...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let us know when you work it out. My t spark is slow so if that's slower you might as well walk everywhere!

I'd check for air leaks on induction first, and running with maf unplugged. If belts have just been done then maybe they got the valve timing out? Collapsed cat or baffles in exhaust can cause too much back pressure for it to breath too and prob wouldn't give a warning light as it would be after all sensors. Or if someone has jacked it up on the exhaust and crushed the pipe. If it sound healthy enough it's prob something fairly simple though. Does engine light illuminate when you first put ignition on?
I'm not an expert on the busso though by any means so other guys on here might be able to give you some good pointers...
no interest in the 166 anymore? anyway replaced the flexi intake cleaned maf etc still the same.i believe its in the 166 software to rev slowly and take off easy as well as opposite to 156

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just wondering if the gearbox ecu needs a reset. Does the car work through the gears or is it very slow to accelerate and has no kick down? If so the ecu reset procedure is on AO if you search for it. Can't offer any further advice but I hope you get it fixed.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Might be worth checking videos on say utube to see if yours looks the same as theirs online. How it revs and performs

1 - 5 of 5 Posts