Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello folks. Proud owner of a mint condition 166 2.0. I am curious if I can fit wheel spacers to this car? Its a 2.0 2000 model Turismo. I am thinking of 15mm rear and 10mm front.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I imagine you can do. But you might need longer wheel bolts too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I shouldn't see why not - though as mentioned, longer wheel bolts needed.
Seeing as the hub centre sticks out just under 10mm (from memory) you might struggle to find anything below 15mm hubcentric spacers (and I wouldn't want to go beyond 5mm shim type spacers, as there is not much to locate the wheel properly other than the taper on the bolts).
Hubcentric spacers can generally be bought bundled with bolts - probably around 45mm bolts needed though you should check this. There should be enough thread for the same number of turns to tighten the bolt. too few and the wheel won't necessarily be properly secured, and too many could lead to fowling components behind.
On My 156 I had 15mm spacers and 45mm bolts for a bit - it looked better, but with steel spacers and was adding about 1.5kg of unsprung weight to each corner, I only had a short while before going back to the normal setup.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Stance is always about visuals than practicality.

Saying that you could find wheels with a better ET that do the job for the cost of hubcentric spacers and bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts