Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155, 166 & MiTo
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hadn't realised there was a 2.0 V6 166 until recently.

Has anyone on here had experience of one, and can they compare its performance to the 2.0 TS?

Variator

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
..i have a 164 with the same engine. It's the older 12v V6 in 2.0 litre form with a Garret or mitsubishi turbo, and was also used in the GTV.

It's a lovely engine. Different to the 24v though.. growls more than howls, and has to work hard off boost in a car the size of the 164.

But that's no hardship most of the time, because it's such a nice thing to keep over 3000.. :)

if you're thinking 3.0l power with 2.0l economy forget it though.. if you have 200hp at your right foot your going to use it, regardless of how it's generated.

half the tax in ireland all the same...

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Was it only the 164 2.0 turbo that was sold outside of Italy? I thought that all the 2.0 turbos were for the Italian market only? Or is it a left hooker you have Mick?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Was it only the 164 2.0 turbo that was sold outside of Italy? I thought that all the 2.0 turbos were for the Italian market only? Or is it a left hooker you have Mick?
I have V6 TB in 166... they where sold also out from Italy... mine has 205 hp...

You can find that engine in GTV, 164, 166:thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts