Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've got a problem with my 166 2.0 Super. Basically after ECU reset (90s MAR, 90s off, 15min idle run, 10min off) my fuel consumption went up by more than 3l/100km and yes, I keep my right foot off the pedal. I did the ECU reset procedure because of bad idle and bad cold starts. After cold start the car felt like firing only on 5 cylinders and when rolling from full stop the car felt like going to stall. The reset procedure actually cured this, but another effects occured.

It doesn't have the power it used to have. When I blast the gas pedal the car after 3k RPM doesn't have power. I hooked up PC with MultiEcuScan and read graphs of various things, just to be sure what's going on. The ECU simply controls the turbo pressure solenoid valve in a wrong way, I think the wastegate is open when it shouldn't be. ECU somehow thinks the mixture is too lean, adds more fuel than it should and cuts the amount of air going in the engine.

I replaced the MAF, no effect. Replaced the blow-off valve, no effect. Reset procedure done after each replacement. Spark plugs are new. Only thing remaining is lambda probe, I'll replace it as well and do reset again. But I'm not sure if this will be helpful as the lambda works in open loop under need of full power, right? But the high consumption when cruising on low speeds makes me think that lambda can be almost dead. It didn't have high consumption before the ECU reset, though.

Do you have any other ideas? By the way the car is chiptuned. It should have about 170kW. I have a spare ECU with immobox and immo transponder, so I will replace those and test it again - my current ECU doesn't show any readable errors, I've got 4-5 of them in the error list, but all with value P0000. Result of chiptuning, who cares what's wrong with the engine, the raw power is all you need - bloody chiptuners.

And one more question - will cleaning of throttle body be of any use?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm back guys... Replaced the tuned ECU with stock one, changed the immobox and immo transponder in key... Car starts fine, but the problem is still there. High consumption and low power in high RPMs. ECU still injects too much fuel and doesn't supply enough air, I think.

So far I did this:
1) Replaced spark plugs + 1 defective spark lead.
2) Replaced MAF.
3) Replaced blow-off valve.
4) Replaced ECU.

Is cleaning the throttle body as next step worth the risk?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump...

I've replaced the lambda probe, problem was still there. Then I noticed the pressure hose between intercooler and throttle body is cracked... Duct taping with self-vulcanizing rubber tape fixed my problem. Engine now has the power again and my consumption (at 130km/h) went down from 19 to 11 l/100 km.

Does anyone know the part number for this rubber hose? As I can see, it is not listed in Fiat ePer... It's the hose marked as SGR.10223, but it cannot be found in the ePer group 10223.

Thanks for any answer.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your answer, but that's actually a water hose connected to radiator. Not the air hose between intercooler and throttle body, which I need.

The problem is that part numbered as no. 4 is orderable and the OE number is easy to find. But the upper hose cannot be found anywhere...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts