Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,I've just bought a '96 24v and I need a radiator.I've looked on Ebay and they are £125 !!! Can anybody suggest a good Alfa breaker or does anyone on here have one for sale ?
I had one of these 164s a couple of years ago and loved it,however after being quoted £640 for a new clutch I sold it on.
Glad to be back in the Alfa family again.

·
Registered
787 Posts
gorrington,how bad is your radiator thats on the car now? theres a place in bham that can fix your rad and gives u 1years warranty.. readyrads 01217710022

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have a used one. It was fine when it was on the alfa but its been outside for a couple of years. Twenty quid, collect or can ship it??

I'm in Chesterfield, Derbyshire.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
radiator..

Hi mate,is it in good condition ? My car is a manual,is your rad from the manual ? I presume theres a difference between that and the auto ?
Cheers

·
Registered
691 Posts
car was a manual, rad was pretty tidy and didn't leak at the time. Have it, try it and if ok, then give me £20 quid for it??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers mate..

I'm down in London,would you be able to send it ? My number is 07747314289.If you txt me your address I'll send you the money for the postage.I think it would cost about £10-£12,I've posted a few similar size/weight things lately and that seems to be about the average price.
Thanks.

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
I dont know how long you intend keeping the car but if it was me I'd stick a NEW one in.
The life of a 166 is around 5 years +or - 3.Not sure if its failure is mileage related or not....mines were 116k and 86k.

pomeo

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The rad still holds water,however,it looks very shabby.The vanes seem to be disintegrating,it's all just falling apart.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts