Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLVED: 164 v6 12v 1993 Alarm problem. Cannot start engine

I've bought a 164 recently and have a problem with alarm.
The doors lock/unlock fine, but the immobilizer won't allow the engine to be started.
If I turn the key to MAR, turning signals start to blink and I cannot start the engine.
I was wondering if I can use a bypass method for starter relay I found on alfabb:

Alfisto Steve said:
How to modify enable starter wiring 91-93 164
You can modify starter wiring on 91-93 164 models fairly easily so alarm system will not be able to disable starter but will still lock lock/unlock doors with remote and arm/disarm alarm if so desired.

You have to remove console's right hand rug panel and locate starter 2-wire connector G241 with purple wire from ignition switch to anti theft unit N45 and purple-black wire coming from N45 that goes to I10 starter relay. They are located to right of gear shift lever and just forward of where inner mounting bolt for right side front seat is located.

Just disconnect connector and jumper two wires together in front half of connector (front wires coming from dash) and now starter relay enabled all the time just like my Base model without alarm system.

The 24v alarm system very different as it has both starter disable and engine computer disable plus different remotes, etc so I haven't had a car to figure that system out yet.
I cannot locate the "2-wire connector G241" near gear linkage, so I a puzzled if the alarm is the same as on american models?

I've attached a picture of my alarm module...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved by removing the alarm module and connecting purple/black wire (Ignition switch) with purple wire (starter relay I10).
It turns out the car has an aftermarket alarm which controls door locking and another imobilizer, so it's all good :thumbs:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts