Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we approach that dreaded time of year, a quick post of thanks to everyone who has responded over the last year or two with help for my TS. plse don't bother replying, but a combination of this forum (and the other one!) helped me back on the road, and will hopefully keep me there - worth noting that my 156 expired last Christmas Eve with timing beltitis and was subsequently broken..and the 164 is 6 yrs older. Only 250 still registered on the UK roads, let's keep 'em rolling...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Only 250 is certainly criminal for what in my opinion is the best big alfa ever, though the lack of spares available from alfa is pityfull in its own right, the trouble seems to be that the built in faults are expensive to fix and therefore terminal ( Rear subframe and jacking points, front subframe rot, and the sodding abs sensors ).

Hopefully my t/s will be up and running soon following a full rebuild to the back end and a new front subframe, then maybe I will get the time to do my 12v cloverleaf`s blown head gasket ;0( and add a couple back on the road.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed, good luck, but it's worth repeating that after an MOT in 2009 and a year sorned, my car needed rear subframe, most bushes, rear calipers, abs ECU(!), abs sensors and the anti-theft removed. That with only 76.000 on the clock, just an age thing, but I do believe most things can be found eventually. The front subframe worries me though :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts