Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that it's turned cold I thought about turning the temp up but the air con felt otherwise and it remained freezing cold! Not only that but I also had to contend with the characteristic clicking from the stepper motor if I selected anything but Lo. I found out from my mechanic that the best thing to do is to open up the access flap to the r/h side of the glovebox and use wire nose pliers to coax the motor to engage.If the motor does not engage and allow the cable to move then you will have to take the metal retaining clip off the top and unhook the cable in order to adjust it yourself. The cable for the temp control is right at the top and you will need a pair of long wire nosed pliers to get hold of it. Pull to the left for warm and push to the right for cold. Mine was fully cold so i had to pull mine out by about 40mm. When you have the right temp disconnect the power to the motor (mines a red color connector) and that will stop the clicking. For summer you will need to do the reverse.
I've got spare stepper motors but this seemed a good compromise in order to get the car mobile until the summer when I will then have the time and and warmth to change it out properly. I hope it helps a few of you out if you have a similar problem.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts