Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I might be able to get hold of a set of the very long bolts for the 164 rear suspension please? Two very long ones that go through the bottom of the rear upright, two shorter ones that go through the top of the rear upright, and the two long ones that go through the middle of the rear crossmember. I'm anticipating them putting up a bit of a fight when I come to remove them to fit my galvanised crossmember....

·
Registered
268 Posts
Anybody know where I might be able to get hold of a set of the very long bolts for the 164 rear suspension please? Two very long ones that go through the bottom of the rear upright, two shorter ones that go through the top of the rear upright, and the two long ones that go through the middle of the rear crossmember. I'm anticipating them putting up a bit of a fight when I come to remove them to fit my galvanised crossmember....
I got mine from Brian S Popes ltd in Stockport,

They WILL be tight, soak with wd 40 and take the nuts off, then its a case of getting the bolts turning before trying to drive them out.

I used Irwin grip socket with a long extension bar and a bottle jack, still took most of a day with lots of bad language thrown in ;0), drop me a pm if you want me to talk you though it ;0)

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
And use a little heat?
Had a friend help with the rears on my 2003 156 a few days back.
Gently wire brushed off the dirt, liberal dollops of used engine oil on threads (his MO not mine)
then twist and tap. Didn't have to use heat....
HTH

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. Last time I had them out, a couple of years ago, I did treat them to a good smearing of Copperslip, so with any luck, they won't be TOO hard to get out!

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Thanks all. Last time I had them out, a couple of years ago, I did treat them to a good smearing of Copperslip, so with any luck, they won't be TOO hard to get out!
Wise man Avo!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts