Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Looking to buy an interior cabin light assembly (the one in the front), but it also has to be from a 164 which has central locking, and a keyfob to match.

Over a period of months, my remote keyfob has been less responsive, and eventually, failed completely. It's not the keyfob, because both of them do the same, and have had new batteries fitted. They are sending IR out, as its visible on my phone camera.

I took the remote receiver PCB out of the rooflight assembly, and tested it on the bench. Using my scope, I can see that the IR pulses are reaching the microcontroller.

I thought perhaps it needed re-programming. There is an excellent procedure over on the Dutch site which describes the method used. However, I don't have the 4 digit code to get into programming mode.

As a last ditch attempt, I de-soldered the serial eeprom (memory chip) (ST 93C46) and fitted a new, blank chip, hoping it would revert to factory "unprogrammed" mode. But it didn't. :-(

So - the easiest solution for me is to replace the entire roof light assembly, but I also need the keyfobs from the same car.

If you're breaking a facelift (1996 / 97) 164 and have these for sale - get in touch.

Fingers crossed eh !

MJ

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumping this, as I'm getting nowhere !

Even if you have an interior light assembly, without the keyfob, I could use it. However, I would need the 4 digit number from the keycode card to get into the programming mode.

Alternately, would anyone know if there is a factory reset procedure for the central locking (infrared keyfob)?

Getting desperate, because I don't know how long the door locks are going to last using the key to open them all the time!

Thanks,

Marcus

1 - 2 of 2 Posts