Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

i'm recommissioning the tspark for its test this week. all is well except i've no indicators or hazard warning lights.

when i opened the fusebox there's no relay where you'd expect one to be. seems obvious then, except i don't remember going near there since the car was parked up. there's no relay for the sunroof either but this works, and when i checked my identical parts car this was the same.

where should i be looking for this stuff..? when i press the hazard warning switch i can hear a click from behind the instrument binacle.. does this have to come off? bulbs are fine.

if anybody ha a wiring diagram for the indicator setup i'd appreciate it.. i'm not near the car and may have to call somebody out to it..

thanks.. she's a '91 tspark btw

·
Registered
18 Posts
On my '89 car the two relays that control the indicators/hazard flashers are located in the drivers side footwell (RHD car) just to the left of the steering column. You really need to remove the 2-piece plastic cowling around around the steering column to access these relays.

The 2 relays in question are actually located within a strip of 4 relays, and from memory I think it is the relays on either end (on my car) of the strip of 4 that are related to hazard/indicators.

Sorry I don't have a wiring diagram but you should be able to get one here:

DR164 : Alfa Romeo 164 Technical Manuals

Good luck! :p

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
..thanks a million for that SJB..!
i think i know where you're talking about alright.. i'll let you know how i get on

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi .
When you are working with the relays make sure you disconnect the battery
i had a hazard warning light problem ,with the lights flashing without warning day and night
by the time i sorted it out.i had damaged other systems,window opening.alarm.etc ;
in the end my g reg 3lite auto went to the breakers .
So take care.
Young alf

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
..well thanks for the help lads. it's sorted now anyhow...

the chap who fixed it didn't really know the cars, so he simply installed a different flasher unit and bypassed the old one, which saved him taking apart the dash and breaking something else, so fair play to him...

i missed the test though, so now i've to wait till mid july :cry:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts