Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, a friend is looking for a gearbox bearing with the reference AB12203S02 by SNR of France, it's for a 164 gearbox but we're not sure if it's a 12v or 24v box at the moment, the box i away being rebuilt.

That's all I know at the moment, can anyone give me any pointers for a supplier here in the UK?

Cheers

Guy

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Hi Guy, I've spoken to your man, it's a 12 valve gearbox he's got. The very early ones had a ball bearing race there, and they were prone to failure. I think it was only the first couple of years' production. After that, they went over to a cylindrical roller bearing (which I think was common to all the later cars too). I'm fairly certain this is the bearing you want, but it would be best to check with Jason who runs Alfissimo:

http://alfissimo.com/transmission-clutch/93-transmission-input-shaft-bearing.html

I tried searching for that SNR number but didn't come up with anything useful, I'm afraid.

Lots of discussion about it on here though:

Alfa 164 5-speed transmission front input bearing info

Alfa 164 5-speed transmission front input bearing infoAlfa 164 5-speed transmission front input shaft bearing info: Current Alfa part number for (code 970) overload version roller bearing is 46403722

View on www.alfabb.com
Preview by Yahoo​

I haven't found anywhere in Europe selling them yet, but there MUST be someone!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I changed a couple of those in the past. I can confirm that the later part fits the early box. As used in the 24V 164 and later 155 V6 as well. Not bought one for about 10 years though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts