Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A strange request :rolleyes: but I am in need of a set of worn front brake pads for a 3.0 litre 24V V6 - I've changed to different callipers and the space is less, but 1/2 to 3/4 worn should fit nicely :confused: - I'm not planning to do many miles and I will change them regularly:)
I live near Bedford and will happily pay a small sum plus postage

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
What a pain, if you'd asked me a month ago, I could have given you mine as I've just put performance pads and discs on. They've been binned now, sorry. :(

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm getting a bit despondant as I still am looking for these pads. They are part number BPS 1493 130mm x 59.2mm. I did order some new ones but Needless to say they are the wrong smaller size :mad:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
If anyone else's part-worn brake pads are anything like mine, you wouldn't want them! They're usually worn with a bit of a lip, ridge and / or taper!

I don't know if you have acces to a milling machine or a lathe with a 4 jaw chuck, but if you do, you could try machining some new pads down to the desired thickness. We used to do this at a sports car company I once worked at for similar applications to yours. Obviously all the usual "elf 'n safety" stuff about breathing brake dust applies - we used to have an industrial vacuum cleaner nozzle taped to the tool post whilst doing it. Also the brake dust doesn't do the machine slides much good so it's worth trying to tape polythene sheets over everything while you're at it. It's a bit of a pain but not something you have to do every day! (It's also pretty hard on the cutter tips, so those ones with replaceable inserts are better than solid cutting tools).

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info Avocet - but I'm sure that I could get somebodies worn ones, that will get me mobile, rather than machining new ones.
So HELP Pretty Please!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for the info Avocet - but I'm sure that I could get somebodies worn ones, that will get me mobile, rather than machining new ones.
So HELP Pretty Please!
Alfasixnut

I am changing my pads over in two weeks time you can have my old ones. I live 18miles from Bedford in Huntingdon I have a 3.0 24v super but I do not think there is much meat left on the pads.

Mick

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mick
I have pm'd you - but if anyone else is changing pads please contact me so that I can have a selection to try :thumbs:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Mintex MDB1391
Brake Pad Set, Trade Numbers: 21147, 21148
Fitting Position: Front Axle
Width: 130 mm, Height: 58,7 mm, Thickness/Strength: 19,3 mm, Wear Warning Contact: With integrated wear sensor, Brake System: Lucas

From my 1990 v6 lusso. they definately fit in the 24v caliper carriers not sure about the disc clearance though, there is approx 1 cm of pad left from the backing plates. Ive not req'd I'll bin them.

Only changing them because I ve jut had the front discs skimmed and want fresh pads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts