Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there i have just bought my self my 2nd 164 in amazing condition with only 81k on the clock, been looking for over a year. Going to restore the hole body to as new condition. Just wanted to say you never see 164s anymore they are super rare. i see more old classic alfas drive around then 164s. When my dad bought his years ago when i was in high school i was hooked on the shape and the style of the car and used to see quite a few about. But as the years go on there are getting to the point that, the only ones on ebay, classic sites etc are being broken up, or have been messed with. I have respect for all alfa as they are not like anyother cars you can buy. But the 164 is a special one for me and just wanted to know if anyone feels the same :)

Regards Matthew

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
I love the 164, my First Alfa was a 3.0 V6

I also had a second one a few years back, it had 75k on the clock and was mint.

Unfortunately for some unknown reason the engine decided to lunch itself one morning when I started it up. I had only owned it for a couple of days. :(

G

·
Nice car :D

You may wish to slappa ma face but is it just me that thinks the front sorta looks like the front of a Vauxhall from the early 90s??

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
Nice car :D

You may wish to slappa ma face but is it just me that thinks the front sorta looks like the front of a Vauxhall from the early 90s??
www.specsavers.co.uk

It does look a bit like a Peugeot 605 though as both were designed by Pininfarina at about the same time...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Lovely car. Some pictures please. I often do some late night surf 'purchasing' and these are always on my list!

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
I'll get my LPG-powered twin-spark 164 back out one of these days......;)

G

·
Hi just spotted your post I thought I was on my own got a black 24v had it 11 years yes rare yes always turns heads and yes I love it needs a bit here and there but still pulls like a train just got a 147 but not sure I can let my 164 go just got something special about it looks at home where ever you park it . Very old school alfa feels like an Italian car should ! Good luck and stay intouch.:thumbs:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thankyou everyone

thanks for all the reply :) My 164 is a purple 1997 super 2.0 twin spark with only 81k. rare find and will be keeping her for a long time. but im still looking for a mk1 164 tho as that was the alfa i remember from my high school days as my dad had one. And yes there is a little bit of looks from a 605 but come on lol........ iv have recovered 605s and they are a over grown 405 thats it. I have respect for them as i am a fan of all saloon cars from the late 80s and 90s as there was some very nice special ones like the 405mi16 or the super rare 405t16!! but.......... still not a 164 tho :)))))))

and would like to come to the meet in st annes but im a lorry driver and work nights but the 164 will be shown soon :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have always had form for not following the herd, so I guess Alfa and the 164 in particular is perfect for me. I love having a rare car that you don't see other examples of driving about, but this can also mean a headache with parts at times...

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
The earlier 164 and the Cloverleaf variants are my favorites.

The facelifted "Super" variant americanised bumpers and to me just didn't look right.

G

·
as I own one I have to disagree I like both versions but the colour makes a big dfferece there is a lot of unpainted plastic on the early models and and I find the one I have is easier to keep nice paint wise.

·
Registered
39,044 Posts
The early one does have painted plastic, it is just grey rather than colour coded.

G

·
do you have the 12v or 24v? I'm finding the 12v bits are getting a bit easier but 24v bits just a bit rare got a No. for a guy called gtvince he has 2 or three hes breaking possibly a good source ???

G

·
Owned A 164 TS in the mid90s and loved it. Great car, occasionally hanker after a Cloverleaf or Q4, they are superb cars.

Afraid I prefer the early two tone ones, sorry! They look much more purposeful, the two tone look is really different and adds to the character.

G

·
Ok I give in I like them both it just with mine being black it just looks good in all black I will put some pics up but have to confess it needs a clean. I m not so keen on the red supers or the white ones think they may benefit from a two tone effect but still think it is very colour specific??:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts