Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know if t is possible to put in 164 3.0 24v an engine from GTV 3.0 CF3 ?
I mean all the cooling pipe locations and other pipes and connectors. As the 166 3.0 is very different from 164 3.0.

G

·
0 Posts
Would think so but you will have to sort out the mounts aswell as it sits on the sub frame not hung as in the GTV.
As for the rest you may need to swap the or rather keep the 164 electrics throttle body etc depending on which model year you have but in principal it is the same block the water pipes is a matter of finding suitable ones to change them with depending on what you get with the engine and there is a good chance that a bit of mix and match will sort most of it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, thanks. Will take a closer look under the hood of both cars. There is a 164 with damaged engine aviable and i have a spare gtv engine, thats why i think to investigate this. Thought maybe someone knows more than i.

G

·
0 Posts
It might be worth contacting Autolusso or Alfaworkshop they would have the knowledge to give you some help probably I can only go by what I've seen on the 164 and 147 I have and the 156 v6 I had pretty certain it's possible but would be worth checking :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
I'd look very carefully at water-pump outlets and thermostats etc before starting the job....I know that whilst you can fit a 164V6 engine into say a 155 - which is essentially the same underpinnings at the front as a GTV - you have make all manner of changes....one guy I know actually cut out a section of chassis and re-boxxed it to allow clearance for the cooling pipes. It may be easier putting the 155/GTV style engine into a 164......but I don't know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts