Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a cloverleaf 24v for sale L 17LFA currently on ebay item no. 250952284252
if you would like any info plz contact me

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Lovely car wish I had the money.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
171,000 miles is equivalent to Gauteng to Stafford and back 9 and half times. Google maps reckons it would take 9 days and would involve crossing Algeria and South Sudan.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
171,000 miles is equivalent to Gauteng to Stafford and back 9 and half times. Google maps reckons it would take 9 days and would involve crossing Algeria and South Sudan.
Haha! Now that made my day.

Why don't you buy it and ship it out?
Don't have space. I'm already making plans to have parking for all my cars.
If it was a Q4 ... :rolleyes:

One car I would really love to import is a 33 hatch 1.7 16v, these are extremely scarce here (only ever saw one).
I had 2x 33 Sportwagon 1.7 16v's and really loved them to bits. (Just as rare in SA).
Guess its cause I grew up with an Alfasud being our regular transport and still have it today and the 16v being the ultimate evolution of the Sud.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Maybe, but its not worth the effort.
Shipping and taxes will be quite expensive.
In SA any 2nd hand car imported you have to keep for at least 2 years before you are allowed to sell it.
And even though it would most probably fetch a much higher price here they are still very slow sellers here.

·
Registered
258 Posts
True parts are going to get scarcer, but you prob won't be doing a huge mileage, so if the car is sorted now for those MOT consumables then should last a good few years.. If i had the space (god how i would fill it with cars.....) i would love a 164 Cloverleaf... a lighter, more raw and noisy 166..... Yes am trying to goad you!

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Don't!!! Coz I have £500 spare to splash out lol!

It's a timeless classic and not many saloons can pull that off, not even the AMG mercs! The seats are amazing to sit on, and the car does have a Ferrari atmosphere!! 171k is a lot of miles tho!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The 164 QV is an awesome car and I miss mine dearly. A poor man's practical Ferrari!

The 166 Super has been a great substitute but it's time for it to go now. Maybe after the Christmas madness is over!

·
Registered
327 Posts
True parts are going to get scarcer, but you prob won't be doing a huge mileage, so if the car is sorted now for those MOT consumables then should last a good few years.. If i had the space (god how i would fill it with cars.....) i would love a 164 Cloverleaf... a lighter, more raw and noisy 166..... Yes am trying to goad you!
Before I bought my 24v Super I asked Alfa guru Neil Smith at NJS Pershore whether there are any real show stoppers. He said no; parts are available with a search, although it was a job finding the right idler bearing for the cambelt change. Lots of people are tempted to use the 166 bearing, not a good idea, it's different.
I suppose a rusty rear subframe would bring things to a halt although I think you can get these from Holland or the States.
Every time I drive mine I am enchanted by it and sympathise with folks who fork out 50 grand for a Beemer or Merc which are really no better, and who face 10k depreciation as soon as they drive out of the showroom.
The 164 cost all of 500quid plus maybe a grand to get it tip top, so if it goes pop I have still had lots of cheap fun.
Chris

·
Registered
258 Posts
A17esh all these comments are proving that this might be a goer! Yes it leggie but you could go have a look? Someone should take this on who has some space? would it qualify for agreed mileage insurance, i got a good deal thru admiral multicar for my cars.. Sounds like a great xmas present to yourself!!
Brera alloys are staying, they are the icing on my nuvola cake!

·
Registered
327 Posts
A17esh all these comments are proving that this might be a goer! Yes it leggie but you could go have a look? Someone should take this on who has some space? would it qualify for agreed mileage insurance, i got a good deal thru admiral multicar for my cars.. Sounds like a great xmas present to yourself!!
Brera alloys are staying, they are the icing on my nuvola cake!
I agree, and I've bought 2 Alfas from PJ in the past. Top bloke.
Chris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts