Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a broken windscreen replaced by Autoglass.
However, they can not get the near side chrome trim.
They have tried the local Alfa dealer and main alfa stockist
without success. Can anybody help? pretty please.

Martin S:cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Sounds very odd to me. Autoglass aren't that good I'm afraid but I guess you are using them for insurance purposes. I had a couple of windscreens done on my 'late' 164 Cloverleaf and all the parts were easily available. Maybe you need to go through Alfa yourself to check availability. Try your local dealer. New trim is better as it's very hard to remove the existing trim without damaging it. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I had the screen replaced on my 164 a couple of years ago by (I think) National Windscreens. The bloke was very good. He priced up all the bits and although the stainless trim pieces were still available, they were excruciatingly expensive back then - worth rather more than the car! The bloke told me that he'd try to carefully take out the existing ones and then put them back but he called me after a few hours and said that it was impossible - they're held in with the windscreen glue and after the slightest bit of bending, they won't go back again. He told me that he had some aftermarket trim on a roll - black either side with a "pretend" chrome bit in the middle - not TOO different in appearance to the Alfa one. He fitted this instead and it hasn't started to peel off yet. If you're still keen on the genuine article, have you tried Mangoletsi in Cheshire?

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Just looked at my Super outside while I was having a fag and it's got rubber trim round the windscreen, but chrome on the rear windscreen. The QV has chrome on both. I can only assume the Super's windscreen has been changed at some point, unless they went to rubber in the two years between them in manufacture. Unless it's a QV only option, but that seems odd as both of them have chrome on the back.

I actually think it looks better without the chrome and I certainly hadn't noticed it before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts