bhp
Petrol
Fuel
Manual
Gearbox
View Full
Specification
Vehicle Description

Alfa Romeo 164 Cloverleaf QV 3.0 V6 24V Pininfarina Design 232PS 5 Speed Manual built in 1995 finished in Alfa Red with Full Black Leather interior, Perforated Leather Heated 6 Way Electric Front Seats, Electric Sunroof, 16 Inch Alloys, Electric Windows with Auto Function, Leather Steering Wheel, Automatic Climate Control, Leather Gearknob, Tinted Top Front Windscreen, 4 powder coated alloys, 4 new premium brand tyres, previous full re-spray, New ECU, Engine Top end re-build, Full service history with recent service at Sidlesham Garage and Gearbox oil change, Cam Belt & Tensioners replaced Jun 2017, New Hand Made Radiator to manufacture specification, Wheel bearings replaced, Electrics checked and part of loom replaced due to corrosion, Large History File. Finance available on request - subject to status and terms. Ask about our Company Directors packages. Fully Valeted; UK Wide Delivery Available; Part Exchange Welcome.

View this vehicle on our website
Reference #7455947 | Trade

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
This car has been floating about for some time. It's a very late 164 QV 24v. It went for sale for about £5k and then was immediately put up for sale by Targa Florio for £10k. It then disappeared and has now reappeared for even more money - presumably because they've had to spend a heap of money to get it fully sorted. As a previous 164 QV 24v owner, it's great to see these cars go up in value but I'm not entirely sure that the price they're asking is wholly realistic!

The wheels appear to be refurbished incorrectly by painting the whole lot in silver. When I had my car, I had the wheels refurbed properly with the polished outer rim and new stainless studs. The dash trim around the speedo etc (where it meets the dashboard) is also another weak spot that fails due to sun/heat etc over time. If you look closely, you'll see there appears to be a strip of gaffer tape to cover this up. The addition of the non-standard badges on the bootlid are tacky and wrong. Sorry, I know I'm particularly fussy, but I would expect absolute perfection (or as near as you can get) for this money. Poorly-restored wheels and trim is inexcusable in my book and it would make me question where other corners have been cut on such a rare and fantastic car. Surely they must expect an absolute enthusiast to buy this car. If the detail isn't there and, if it's not correct, then people will run a mile.

I'm sure it's very nice but, recently, a delightful 164 3.0 Lusso with just 13,000 miles sold on eBay for a little over £8,000. I think I'd put my money there rather than another £5,000 on what is a car with a fair few miles under the belt. OK, appreciate it's not high mileage for the year, but for the money they're asking.....

Reactions: natas633 and Mufasa

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well said, it is optimisticly priced, there is a 166 with 19k on the clock up for £8k, it is a pre facelift and I'm sure it is also overpriced by some margin.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 166 has been for sale for Months ! I kick myself now as I hesitated 3 years ago on a 164 QV same year with money spent on it for around £2500 , it just goes to prove the only way is up on the value .

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
For those of us that own Busso Alfas..there is now the tension between enjoying and using them...and keeping them in good nick for the future.

I just spent £4,000 on my 156 GTA...is is now an awesome car...a real future classic. I'll be using it, but not as a daily or for short town journeys.
Same for the 166... the mileage is high, but the engine is as good as new, and the car will get what it needs. When I come to retire, I hope I can keep both. But if push comes to shove then the GTA will go (will be worth more) and the 166 I will keep (best car, for touring, even if by then we'll have to pay extra to drive old petrol guzzlers around). My work van will go electric, yes, happy with that...but an electric Alfa? Can't imagine it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts