Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once owned a 164 24 'Leaf reg number L643 UMA which i sold through eBay many years ago.

Red with biege Recaro interior, lowered on 18" graphite wheels etc.

Just wondering if it was anyone on here who owned it, lost the owners telephone number and mine has since changed.

Good to see how its doing

Ian

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, i remember the guy who bought it had a 12v 'Leaf for everyday use and bought my 24v 'Leaf as a weekend car. Did talk to him every now and then but lost his number and cant remember his name for the life of me!!

I have a 75 12v Veloce and the stage rally Giulietta at the mo but might add a 24v 'Leaf that i know going cheap and 155 Q4 if things pan out right but would love to know how the old girl is doing!

The only 24v 'Leaf i have ever seen with red paint and biege leather Recaro option, they are usually always black!

·
Registered
948 Posts
Was the guys' name Dick? (being serious here) and did L643 UMA have a bonnet-mounted air intake? Was his other car in fact colour coded metallic red?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes my old car did have the bonnet air intake, and I think the guys name was Richard, so Dick could be his nick name.
Any info then?
Thanks
Ian

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Did he have a big nose, lazy eye and one leg shorter than the other ?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi FO

Do you know Richard?
Was wondering if i PM you my contact details if you could pass them on.
Thanks Ian

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump Bump

FO do you know if he is on any of the forums?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cool, i will give them a shout and see if i can track it that way, will let you all know

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Here's a picture of her when i sold it, i loved the car and I am going to be the owner of another 164 'Leaf project really soon,cant wait

·
Registered
455 Posts
Moynesey you must be a brave, brave man if its the Charlton car your taking on. Wish I'd taken a pic of my 164 before rescuing from the lorry park, be an interesting project to photograph from the outset and through the cars restoration. Could'nt resist taking a look at the car last week as only 5 miles away but left in the knowledge it was beyond my pocket and expertise. Good luck with finding UMA hope her current condition does'nt cause to much upset.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hi Alfaomegatron

I also went to have a look at the Charlton 12v 'Leaf whilst on my way to work, it was scruffy but not to bad, i think that was bought for the engine, 12v V6's are getting rare, 24v in comparison are ten a penny!

I have got a 24v 'Leaf which i will be picking up in two weekends, i cant wait to get stuck in on another Alfa project.

Is that brave or stupid, heres the Giulietta once stripped complete with rotten A pillars etc and the car as finished, however it is undergoing further mods/development at present including full touring car style weld in cage. All the work myself and my brother inc g/box builds, welding, re spray etc. Its the only way i could afford what i do!!

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
That gives me confidence the car will be in good hands. ;)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Badgers

The car will be mint by the time i finish with her, the 164 is my favourite Alfa.

I promise to bring her back down your way once its done so you can see it and go for a blast!!!

See you soon.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi guys

If anyone seeing this car L643 UMA can they let me know where or even better point the owner in this direction as i wold love to see it again and poss have first bibs on buying her back!

Thanks Ian

1 - 18 of 18 Posts