Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm told my Samco hoses are arriving today, and I'm also going to stick a new radiator on the car just for the sake of it. Looking at the shop manual, a mix of 4L anti-freeze to 8L of water is recommended, but I've always thought 50/50 was the way to go.

What are you guys using?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm told my Samco hoses are arriving today, and I'm also going to stick a new radiator on the car just for the sake of it. Looking at the shop manual, a mix of 4L anti-freeze to 8L of water is recommended, but I've always thought 50/50 was the way to go.

What are you guys using?
My 24v will soon need a new radiator. Did you find a good one? and if so where and how much please.
Chris

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
The read the coolant bottle for the mix ratios.
Most are 50/50, some go in straight with no water at all.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 24v will soon need a new radiator. Did you find a good one? and if so where and how much please.
Chris

Hi,

I got one of these from eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-164-2-0-2-5-3-0-92-98-RADIATOR-/190542474772?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c5d376e14

£78 (delivered) and it arrived the next day. I can't say how durable it will be of course, but comparing it to the old one, it is at least correct. It looks to be decent enough quality, and not a bad price for a radiator.

Unfortunately, I was unable to replace my rad today as I couldn't get the bottom hose off. Despite lots of wiggling, jiggling, and levering, there just wasn't enough room down there to get any decent purchase on it. I got to the point where I thought my toes were about to freeze off due to being outdoors for so long, and gave up! The good news is that my Samco hoses arrived at long last and I was at least able to replace the split top hose, so my car is back on the road. I guess I will have to leave replacement of the radiator and bottom hoses to the pros and take it to a garage. A shame, as I've replaced the rad on my Saab 900 in less than an hour before, so I thought I would be able to tackle this... :(

EDIT: Thanks David C. I went about 50/50 in the end, but it's only in there temporarily until the rad and other hoses are replaced (see above).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts