Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
I used my red 159 3.2 for my mates wedding to transport the groom and best men!!! We got style ;)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
My old 156 Veloce was our wedding car, it didnt have to do any transporting of the bride but it did feature in a lot of photos! Wedding pics also got included in the Alfa Mosaic last year....

·
Registered
618 Posts
My old 156 Veloce was our wedding car, it didnt have to do any transporting of the bride but it did feature in a lot of photos! Wedding pics also got included in the Alfa Mosaic last year....
Same here. Our 156 featured in many outdoor shots as well without having to provide transport (a London cab did the job :)). The photographer did seem to be a bit obsessed...

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Love it :thumbs:

Saluti, Giordano.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Well with impending nuptials next month (only taken us 15 years to get around to it) we have decided to use the 159 as a wedding car. One of my friends who I trust is going to drive it and collect Mrs. Z on the day with her Father.

Any tips on attaching ribbon? Have seen it wrapped through door and tied around sun visors, and also wing mirrors, so not sure which way to go.
Planning a bow type thing on the grill, but not sure about going OTT with bows on the door handles

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Iv had plenty of people in my 159, and I've let the future father in law drive while I'm in the back. I find there is plenty of room, ok, the size of the car you would think there was more room, but it's not cramped!

I was going to tie the ribbon to my sun visors and then just below the Alfa badge as not to hide it! :)
Also getting a professional valet the day before an getting the whole body work mopped to a brilliant shine...

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
Lace through the black plastic parts of the grille then tie to the grab handles.

At speed though they will stick to the bonnet as the difference in height isnt as much as it looks!

..and there really isnt much room in the back, the chauffeur will just need to sit closer to the wheel!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Surely leg room in the back is an issue?
You're not wrong there :lol:

Mrs.Z is going to sit behind passenger seat, as the 'chauffeur' for the day is 6ft5" :eek:

Luckily she's not going for the 'Big Fat Gypsy Wedding' look as far as the dress goes

·
Registered
860 Posts
Great choice!

I had my red 159 SW as my own wedding car which looked amazing when cleaned up and with simple white ribbon making a V over the bonnet. Made sure that I tied it to the top bar of the 'scudetto' so it didn't obscure the badge!

Had several people including the hotel staff comment on how good it looked at the time which prompted me to get it put on the centenary mosaic too. :cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts