Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I should have found you lot before I ordered my Alfa, but what's done is done! My 159ti 3.2 saloon arrives in March and although it's clear the diesels are generally superb, there seems to be a lack of V6's discussed. Have I made a poor choice? I'm aware of the rubbish fuel economy and the tyre costs, but are there other issues I need to be wary of and maybe some good points relative to the rest of the range?:confused:

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Horrible horrible choice. What were you thinking? I mean seriously, who ever heard of buying a V6 petrol Alfa? Did you also buy a Petrol garage with it?

C

·
0 Posts
I guess I should have found you lot before I ordered my Alfa, but what's done is done! My 159ti 3.2 saloon arrives in March and although it's clear the diesels are generally superb, there seems to be a lack of V6's discussed. Have I made a poor choice? I'm aware of the rubbish fuel economy and the tyre costs, but are there other issues I need to be wary of and maybe some good points relative to the rest of the range?:confused:

Thanks in advance.
Engine note is awesome ....... and very addictive

G

·
0 Posts
Bloody nice car! If i had the money to pay for the insurance i would have a 3.2 V6 aswel. Just think of all the emmisions you are putting out :cool:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bloody nice car! If i had the money to pay for the insurance i would have a 3.2 V6 aswel. Just think of all the emmisions you are putting out :cool:
Insurance wasn't as much as I expected, to be honest, several quotes between £400-£600. As for the emmissions.... I don't separate my cans from my general rubbish either!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Great choice.

We don't talk about the 3.2 much because if we don't talk about it it stops us lusting after one!:)

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
manual or QTronic?

no regrets here, except i wish Oz still had manual versions - only choice was QTronic, and all V6 models are Q4 here. but it's very cruisy in this guise, with the instant choice of tiptronic. as a midsize 'travel wagon' i totally love it.

:)

·
Registered
218 Posts

Thanks in advance.
They're still dirty diseasels. I have a carboni black 3. and love it. Sod the fuel consumption, it's only money!

·
Registered
433 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Absolutely sensational choice. Enjoy and get used to opening the windows in tunnels and flooring it:) :cheese:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I wish i was in your driving shoes Barry, will swap with you when you get it if you want :)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Barry you are a man after our own hearts! :cool:

If I didn't have to do 400 - 500 miles a week, i'd be in a 3.2 like a shot! As said above tunnels, multi-storey car-parks and empty streets become an audible play ground! They sound fantastic at full chat, and the engines are bomb proof!

Make sure you come back and post some pictures after your grin has has stopped hurting :lol:

·
Registered
934 Posts
I was searching for 3.2Ti Sportwagon ... none to be had... I ended up with the 2.4 Disease - al I wish I'd got the 3.2V6 really really envious! ... bah !

Black woul dnot be my colour choice ... Alfa Red with a Tan interior!...

Nae luck being a Spurs fan ...! Arsenal are worse however !...

St Mirren for me!

:)

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Not many 3.2 Ti around. A rare beastie.

Don't let SR see this thread - his envy will be unstoppable :eek::lol:

Great engine, good performance, lovely noise, but thirsty. :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
The ultimate incarnation of the ultimate car in the current range:cool:

Get them while you can:(

I'm quite jealous!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts