Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a decent 1:18 or 1:43 model of a 159Ti and although there are a few Sportwagons about, I have only found one saloon with correct wheels (most have lusso style multispokes).

If you have a Black 159Ti Saloon, I can thoroughly recommend this model;

[pic]http://www.carmodel.net/itemsPhotosEncrypter.php?0-30692_2.jpg[/pic]

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/436120500-James-Bond-Quantum-Solace-Alfa-159ti-/120841259107?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item1c22b34863

It is out of stock at Minichamps and likely to become very difficult to get hold of. It is not the same as the 1:43 given away with the James Bond magazine or other replicas sold in Solace packaging.

I have bought one and am having it repainted red by a modelmaker - I will post pictures here once I get it back...

In the meanwhile, I'd recommend buying this - I have no connection with the seller (other than having bought mine from him!).

I am tempted to buy the last 3 and put them up for £45 each, but I thought better of it and have posted here instead. :thumbs:

:D

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It's not a proper Ti as it has body coloured mirrors;)

I have the model, bought as part of a JB pair:D

·
Registered
54 Posts
What a coincidence after a drunken Roman lunch today our friends brought this 1:24th scale 159 SW Lusso cop car. been in rome a week and not seen one TI was this a UK only spec

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
What a coincidence after a drunken Roman lunch today our friends brought this 1:24th scale 159 SW Lusso cop car. been in rome a week and not seen one TI was this a UK only spec
I think it is the price of cars on the continent which would make a 'premium' spec rare.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where did you get it as i'm looking for one:thumbs:
I bought a Bond Minichamps off ebay (as it has the correct alloys) and then found a model enthusiast prepared to spend many hours changing the colour, re-printing decals (inc mirrors and my reg number!) before re-assembly.

I will ask him if he wants the publicity :p - he is VERY good! :thumbs:

·
Registered
22,305 Posts
I bought a Bond Minichamps off ebay (as it has the correct alloys) and then found a model enthusiast prepared to spend many hours changing the colour, re-printing decals (inc mirrors and my reg number!) before re-assembly.

I will ask him if he wants the publicity :p - he is VERY good! :thumbs:
That is excellent:thumbs:

I have been looking for a model red 159 Ti and can't find one

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Wish I could find the black one you bought originally, change the wheels from chrome to anthracite and I would have my car, the 159 LE. Nice.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Minichamps claim to be bringing out a 159ti in red. See their website: minichamps.de. Who knows when it will actually be available. The date of release always seems to change. At the moment showing as "to be announced".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts