Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I need to get a roofbox for the 159 sw and could do with some advice. How long can the boxes be before they foul the roof aerial and how much can/should the box be over the front of the roof.
MTIA.

Cheers,
Jess

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
I've got Alfa's own roofbox - bought on eBay for a fraction of the dealer price and about half the price of the equivalent Thule box from Halfrauds, :D. It measures 68" (170cm) in length and when mounted just clear of the aerial, it overhangs the top of the windscreen by about 6" (15cm) so you're only really aware that it's there if you lean all the way forward against the steering wheel.

(4th photo shows my reason for needing to spoil the SW's good looks, :tut:)

Attachments

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
the aerials are bendy anyway - mine's a saloon so the roofbox always fouls the aerial but even after a good solid 2-3 weeks on, the aerial springs straight back into position the minute the box comes off, every time :thumbs:

·
Registered
711 Posts
I've got Alfa's own roofbox - bought on eBay for a fraction of the dealer price and about half the price of the equivalent Thule box from Halfrauds, :D. It measures 68" (170cm) in length and when mounted just clear of the aerial, it overhangs the top of the windscreen by about 6" (15cm) so you're only really aware that it's there if you lean all the way forward against the steering wheel.

(4th photo shows my reason for needing to spoil the SW's good looks, :tut:)
Can't be easy getting them in there mate, have you tried putting them in the boot? :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Don't those things make a god-awful wind noise as you are driving? My brother has one on his Nissan and the noise is appalling!
I fitted expensive wing shaped aero crossbars on my SW cause I didn't want any wind noise.
Needs must I suppose!

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have a Thule Atlantis 780? box for mine and it fits just right on the SW and is probably too big now for our needs now although keeping for future.... I also use the aero bars and noise is surprisingly quiet i find.... i got mine from the roofboxcompany on-line and it was much cheaper than Halfrauds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts