Alfa Romeo Forum banner

159SW Isofix anchor points... Where are they ??

7144 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  David C
With my sister in law due to have a baby quite soon, yesterday I helped her collect some baby gear (pram, car seats etc)..... The car seat she got is an isofix seat but I couldn't locate the anchor points and I felt like a real *** in front of her as I had been going on about how great it is and how she needs to get a car with isofix etc etc....

The back seats have the little tag stating they have it fitted....... But where???

I haven't got kids of my own so no real worries on my front but I'm sure at some point I'll need to look after the little girl which will mean attaching the car seat, but I'm flummoxed......

Any help please.....
Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
271 Posts
With my sister in law due to have a baby quite soon, yesterday I helped her collect some baby gear (pram, car seats etc)..... The car seat she got is an isofix seat but I couldn't locate the anchor points and I felt like a real *** in front of her as I had been going on about how great it is and how she needs to get a car with isofix etc etc....

The back seats have the little tag stating they have it fitted....... But where???

I haven't got kids of my own so no real worries on my front but I'm sure at some point I'll need to look after the little girl which will mean attaching the car seat, but I'm flummoxed......

Any help please.....
Many thanks

The 159 is a looking good car. So the point are hidden. You will find them deep under the seats. The easyist being the one closes to the seatbelt female. (both sides)
To get to the anchorpoints in the back. You have to flip the seat down to access it.
good hunting

Attachments

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 159 is a looking good car. So the point are hidden. You will find them deep under the seats. The easyist being the one closes to the seatbelt female. (both sides)
To get to the anchorpoints in the back. You have to flip the seat down to access it.
good hunting
Oh.... So I have to detach them from their "holders" on the back of the seats and attach them to the chassis by lifting up the seat base??

Have I understood this correctly??

· Registered
113 Posts
It's much easier than that on mine (a 10 plate Ti)... There are little zip sections at the bottom of the seat just under the "isofix" tab thing. Unzip them - they're about 2" long - and the anchorpoints for the base units are in there. First time takes a bit of jiggling about to find, but I can do it blinfold now.

· Registered
271 Posts
Oh.... So I have to detach them from their "holders" on the back of the seats and attach them to the chassis by lifting up the seat base??

Have I understood this correctly??

No no. Keep the car as it is.
The iso hooks on the child seat has to be inserted between the seat and the back into the mounts in the picture.
I just used an old picture to illustrate where they where, because they are hard to find.

· Registered
30,575 Posts
If the seats don't have little cutouts or tunnels for the ISOfix points they are a pain first time as they are much further in than you expect.
Some ISOfix car seats (maybe all of them, I've only purchased one!) come with clip-in tunnels that you push between the seat back and base and hook onto the ISOfix points. The baby seat fixings then just push through those tunnels, straight onto the ISOfix.

Expect it to take a while the first time!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.