Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, recently i bought a 159 with original head unit. It doesn't have any blu and me thing. I bought and bt adapter to add bt function as aux. Know I wonder if I take out power cable from the unit, will it ask for a code afterwards? I am adding serial number as well in case someone can help with code generation.

Motor vehicle White Light Black Automotive design

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
7,822 Posts
It should never ask for the code if its the unit the car came with at the car will "recognise" it as soon as its plugged in. I will need a code if its not the one the car was born with. That said I've seen people on here ask for a code for a radio that never needed one before....so problems do happen!!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Just to add to what alfaitalia said if you fit a radio from another 159 it will ask for the code the first time but once it’s been done you can disconnect and car will recognise it still when reconnecting the power.

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
7,822 Posts
That's not been my experience. The one I fitted to a customer 159 needed the code every time the battery was disconnected. But it could have been a typical Alfa gremlin on that particular unit or car. But I acknowledge your vast knowledge on these cars so you are probably right!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I disconnected the power cable of the audio unit, then attached the bluetooth unit cable and re installed everything. Radio didn't ask for a code and everything works like a charm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts