Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this out:

Alfa Romeo 159

As an advertising man, I love to keep up with Alfa's marketing campaigns (or lack of them!). So I was intrigue to find a web banner linking to a swish new microsite selling the benefits of the current 159.
Wanting to learn more about the new model, I eagerly clicked on the buttons relating to the car's attributes, only to find a work-in-progress website that hadn't been finished! Info boxes with text reading "Heading goes here" together with dummy body copy which is in Latin met my eyes!
Oh dear, this won't do the brand many favours!

(Just tried to link to the site again - and now it won't open!:tut: )

·
Registered
378 Posts
My AV software is telling me that I picked up a virus from this website when I went to it - JS/Exploit-SWFSpoof

Pete

·
Registered
120 Posts
pacific - next time you visit the site press CTRL + F5 on your keyboard and see if that helps :thumbs:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not Latin, well known printers "greeking"
As a graphic designer for the last 20 years I've always known "Lorem ipsum sit amet dolour etc etc..." as latin filler text. "Greeking" is something your typographical software can do to save on memory. Rather than render fonts accurately, it replaces lines of text with grey bars below a certain font size.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts