Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side washer jet isnt spraying anymore.

Comes out like a little stream, barely hits the windscreen.

Just had a quick look, and taken the inspection cover off underneath bonnet... hose seems to be connected fine.

I notice that when spraying... the water escapes out the opposide of the jet... Is this the sign of a blocked jet?

Doesn't happen on passenger side :(

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
could be you have something small jammed in the nozzle yes, you might want to unplug the water pipe and poke in the jet with a pin or something.

If that's not the case it might be that the pipe got squashed somewhere, but i can't think where?

·
Registered
23 Posts
My 159 driver side jet has been a dribble since I bought it. Like yours the water pours out from under the jet. I'm slightly wary of taking a pin to it as I don't want to adjust it by mistake.....

Is it easy to remove the inspection cover?

Also noticed the other day when I tugged the pipe that my passenger side nozzle becomes disconnected much to easily....

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When i say inspection cover, theres a piece of plastic over the connection under bonnet lid.... just prize it open with a flathead screwdriver... nothing much to see really!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, found the problem

Open bonnet. Look at the washer jet in question. Compared to other side
Faulty washer is missing a metal 'bung' that covers a hole.... this is where water is just pouring out the underneath of the jet.... the other side has this in place, and obv no water escaping.

Bummer. Any idea where I can get a new jet?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
my guess is as good as yours mate, my water pipe for the drivers' side jet unplugged completely last winter, I suppose it's a combination of vibrations/icing/crappy design..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts