Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying an 09 plate 1.9 159 with 99k on the clock, but full history including recent cambelt change.

The 3 year warranty runs until June - am I able to transfer this at this late stage ?

Also, is it madness to consider a young car with such miles ? Its direct from AR, motorway miles and comprehensive SH

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 159 was 3 yrs old yesterday and done 96,000 miles. Had it from 5months old and 4,000 miles. Still drives like new and been totally reliable. Go for the car if the price is right.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Definitely worth a look. It's probably similar to mine in that it has spent most of it's life at 2000rpm on cruise control to have done that mileage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just selling mine at 129k, it's been brilliant and barring a clutch that any car would have needed, it's been perfect and totally trouble free.

D

·
Registered
11 Posts
But at 99k in less than 3 years the clutch will almost certainly be hardly worn, as it must have been mostly motorway use to cover those miles so soon.............;-)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Just tested one 159 2.4 133k mile 06 reg and still on original clutch - felt ok, a lot better than my 156 2.4 with 160k miles and nearly brand new clutch.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
High miles/low age doesnt necessarily mean the cluctch will be OK on a Jtd. They take a battering on cruise control in 6th resuming speed from low revs upwards, but you shoudl be able to judge this.

In saying that, the same can be true at 60,000 miles, also at these miles the turbo may have a limited life, but if you dont mean to continue piling on 30,000 a year you should be fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's the DMF that'll will cause you the financial pain, you won't know what condition it's in until you take the box off. Given most of the cost of clutch change is labour, you'll be brave man to not then change the DMF whilst it's apart. (Which most WILL need doing.)

D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts