Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine symbol has appeared on dashboard and warning to visit dealer.
Also temp gauge has started to fluctuate wildly, sometimes dropping to zero, are the two connected? Have checked coolant level and its normal. Is it safe to drive as dealer is busy until Tuesday.
Thanks

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check you battery/connections.
Just went to try that and found the fault has disappeared!!!
I'ts being serviced next week so hopefully they will trace it on their diagnosis equipment. Thanks anyway.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good, but as you say, makes sense to mention it at the service. ;)

Welcome to AO BTW. :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
My engine warning light comes on intermittently and sometimes the security warning.

I'm used to it now, they usually go off when the car is stopped and restarted.

As long as my oil temp and engine temp is okay I don't worry too much about it.;)

·
Registered
847 Posts
@ flysteve and Banny69, I dont mean to alarm you, but thats how my problems with the flow shutter valves on the inlet manifold both presented themselves. Apparently (according to my dealer) there is a "service call" on 159s to replace the injectors and inlet manifolds. Dont know if its just on '06 159s or just on cars with the typical flow shutter valve error - i'll try to find out more tomorrow from the dealer and report back!

·
Registered
315 Posts
@ flysteve and Banny69, I dont mean to alarm you, but thats how my problems with the flow shutter valves on the inlet manifold both presented themselves. Apparently (according to my dealer) there is a "service call" on 159s to replace the injectors and inlet manifolds. Dont know if its just on '06 159s or just on cars with the typical flow shutter valve error - i'll try to find out more tomorrow from the dealer and report back!
When they stuck it on the diagnostics machine they couldn't find anything wrong:confused:

Let me know if you have any more info.

BTW I also make sure the oil level is okay as well as the temp.

Cheers

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Banny69
Thanks for your info, I'll post my results on Tues after it's been serviced. I'm not confident that they'll find anything but you never know.
Regards Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Came on in my car three days ago. Seems to be running fine. Called to dealer and booked it in for next week, when I came out it was gone! Going to get it checked anyway - will let ye know.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My mileometer was flashing this morning, then later today it wasn't:confused:

Alfa electrics:D

This is the famous error caused by something
on the CANBus not responding during start-up
system check.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dealer said temp gauge sensor combined with thermostat was causing temp gauge problem. Not sure about engine warning symbol but it's gone now.
Had to have wiper rack re-aligned because area in my vision was not being cleared at speed, apparently common problem on these models.
Lastly would you believe my alarm came on when I was on my way to the dealership and wouldn't turn off, I sounded like a cop car!!!, they have ordered a new unit as it showed up on their digagnostic equipment.
Will be selling next year as I don't fancy owning an Alfa without warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts