Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love my new Ti (will report 1st impressions after a week) but thinking about tinting the rears and rear windscreen - anyone done theirs ?

Don't want it to end up like a bling dealer but a subtle job might add to the already great look of the TI.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are you finding the Ti.

Not overweight and underpowered then?

:confused:

:p
Still at it Nev - tut tut.

I bought the car as a 4 door family saloon and the weight, handling, performance reflects this.

If it was purchased as a Sports coupe then yes i would find the car heavy and disappointly slow for such a car. :thumbs:

N

·
0 Posts
Looks quite sporty to me.

Pity it's not got the performance to equal it's
looks then, eh?

Base Irony, I know. But you did like to
continually put the boot into the Brera owners
in here, so fairs fair.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks quite sporty to me.

Pity it's not got the performance to equal it's
looks then, eh?

Base Irony, I know. But you did like to
continually put the boot into the Brera owners
in here, so fairs fair.
It's a bit of a sheep in wolf's clothing on the looks side - quick enough for my needs though and the equal of similar exec family cars.

My only gripe with the Brera was it wasn't quick enough, compared to the competition, for a sports coupe that's all.....stunning looking car though. Most Car journalists echo this sentiment.

N

·
0 Posts
Dude, as I've recently found out, everything
is slower than a Corvette.

So, more than ever. it's just not an issue.

Now where's that Corvette brochure..........

·
Registered
822 Posts
I got a set of blinds off ebay, they look as good as tints and you can take em out whenever you feel. I will see if there is any on there now!

·
Registered
972 Posts
I got a set of blinds off ebay, they look as good as tints and you can take em out whenever you feel. I will see if there is any on there now!
I've just had a look at your link to e-bay; and they certainly sound like a cheap alternative to tints - Have a few Q's please:-

Do they look good close-up? And do they make the car too dark inside to leave in place all the time? Do you have any pictures of your car with them fitted?

Thanks
John

·
Registered
822 Posts
I've just had a look at your link to e-bay; and they certainly sound like a cheap alternative to tints - Have a few Q's please:-

Do they look good close-up? And do they make the car too dark inside to leave in place all the time? Do you have any pictures of your car with them fitted?

Thanks
John

Yer they look fine, they are like a black fabric mesh with a steel frame around them which gives them the shape of your windows. I hardly ever take em out, you can even put the window down with the blinds still in place.
The only pics of the car are in a post on here!

reply no 21 by Acapulco Al pic 10 in his post
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-images-registered-only/171131-manchester-trafford-centre-meet-the-2nd.html

·
Vendor
45,298 Posts
I think tints look a bit silly when the front windows aren't done to match, but if you tint the front windows excessively you will be pulled and made to rip them out.. I would recommend getting all the glass done to the legal limits of the front windows, then it would look even all around :thumbs:

J

·
0 Posts
I think tints look a bit silly when the front windows aren't done to match, but if you tint the front windows excessively you will be pulled and made to rip them out.. I would recommend getting all the glass done to the legal limits of the front windows, then it would look even all around :thumbs:
factory standard is the legal limit for tinting.....30% tint 70% opacity ....

any tint on the front drop glasses is now illegal IIRC

·
Vendor
45,298 Posts
Didn't realise the glass came tinted as standard on the 159.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yer they look fine, they are like a black fabric mesh with a steel frame around them which gives them the shape of your windows. I hardly ever take em out, you can even put the window down with the blinds still in place.
The only pics of the car are in a post on here!

reply no 21 by Acapulco Al pic 10 in his post
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/just-images-registered-only/171131-manchester-trafford-centre-meet-the-2nd.html
Thanks m8 - thoroughly enjoyed looking at the pics from the meet. Not sure I'm going to be brave enough to attend a meet, having just turned 45 yesterday.....you lot all look so young!! :wow:

Still deciding whether to get some shades - quite like the look of the car with the standard tints.

·
Registered
32,440 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Did a few of my cars when I was home (in Wales) and above comments are spot on , even tint level all round else it looks stupid IMO. And if I am being honest , any colour but 'black' tint on a black car looks like the driver is 19 years old (or less). Even then it makes it look like you are a gangster or american rap artist (just look at my car pics lol).
My car came with the tint already fitted (by Alfa at the same time they etched the windows according to the invoice) when I bought it a year old , I quite like it tinted as its black exterior and interior but I wouldnt fit it if it wasnt already there and removing tint once fitted is a pain and will almost always knacker the rearscreen heater elements.

·
Registered
779 Posts
factory standard is the legal limit for tinting.....30% tint 70% opacity ....

any tint on the front drop glasses is now illegal IIRC
Not entirely accurate. There is since 2004 a big purge on tinted windows by the police in the UK (and France has gone same way). The actual UK law states that the windscreen can't be tinted beyond factory level , the front windows can't be tinted to reduce 'Visible Light Transmission' into the car (i.e. how well you can see out of the car) by more than 30% in total and you can do what you want to the back windows and rear screen (else white van man would be stuffed lol).

What this essentially means is that any film can be fitted behind the driver , no film can be fitted to the windscreen and about 20% film can be fitted to the front windows. If you are 'posh' and can afford 'factory fitted privacy glass' then you can make the car almost impossible to see in to whilst keeping incoming light at near normal , costs a hell of a lot more than 'sticky back plastic film' though lol

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello mate,

can you post a few pics just to see how they look?

I'm really interested if they look good.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts