Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to buy the 159 with 8C metallic red, cause that seems to be the only good looking red colour, out of all other red colours Alfa does. IMO

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Yep as above £15k.

Cheap as chips :lol::headbang:

·
Registered
864 Posts
I picked up a 159 brochure the other day and every single car illustrated in it is finished in 8C red.

As far as I can see there is no mention of it actually being available. Now I know - as I'm sure most of you do too - that it is available as a massively expensive option to special order (didn't realise it was fifteen big ones though until I read this thread :eek:), but imagine someone going to an Alfa dealer from say Volvo or Audi... surely they would assume the colour was readily available just from a quick flick through the brochure? They would probably assume that it was Rubino Red as it appears to be the only type of metallic red available from the colour swatches. Could result in quite a shock when the car was delivered!

Why don't Alfa just come up with a similar shade of red but without whatever imagic ingredient that costs 15 grand, and sell it as a regular metallic paint option to replace the unpopular Rubino? Job done I'd have thought.

·
Registered
518 Posts
159 ti in 8C red would be a great boost to sales and should have been used to coincide with the intoduction of the new 1750 TBi petrol engine and new diesel engine. But then marketing has never been one of Alfa Romeo's strong points. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
698 Posts
They're going to do the centenary Brera/Spider in a nice metallic red similar to the old Proteo red. If only:(

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I heard about that 2 years ago. But then they started giving it for free on the GT Cloverleaf models. So it's not a very special paint to apply then is it. Its just Alfa being stupid again.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder if I offered to buy an 8c in white they would knock me £15,000 off?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I remember last year that Alfa were selling some 8C red 159s that they'd had on the show circuit for list price (or maybe a little more). Whoever picked those few up got quite a nice deal, although wouldn't like to have a bump in one!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I neard about that 2 years ago. But then they started giving it for free on the GT Cloverleaf models. So it's not a very special paint to apply then is it. Its just Alfa being stupid again.
I've never heard of a GT in 8C Red - Thought GT cloverleaf were blue, black and alfa red.

8C red paintwork requires umpteen coats of various colour paints i think

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
I've never heard of a GT in 8C Red - Thought GT cloverleaf were blue, black and alfa red.

8C red paintwork requires umpteen coats of various colour paints i think
I thought the expense was due to them having to dismantle the body panels in the Maserati paintshop re-paint them and re-assemble. All sounds like hog-wash to me :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm pretty sure they were offering the GT's with the 8C red.

Because I bought a GT Cloverleaf and after a couple months the dealer told me about it, when I was there for a repair.

·
Registered
300 Posts
8C Red is an amazing colour in the daylight (showroom lighting does not do it justice at all). Alfa UK have said that we can order any Alfa Romeo in 8C Red with a cost of £15,500 inc vat but nobody has placed an order yet.

We have sold cars with 8C Red paint over the past couple of years but these all came into the UK as promotional cars initially and then sold by Alfa UK via the Cloverleaf Club and some dealerships.

Somewhere in the UK there is at least one of every current model in 8C Red including a 159 TI - all very rare indeed.

The new Alfa Giulietta will be available in the UK with 8C Red Paint as an official option costing around 2,000 Euros (To be confirmed) - this may mean that after the launch of the Giulietta in June we may be able order any model in 8C Red paint with the smaller price tag. We have a number of customers who would pay this price but are not prepared to pay £15,500.

See attached photos of the MiTo in 8C Red

Regards
Mangoletsi

Attachments

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
8C Red is an amazing colour in the daylight (showroom lighting does not do it justice at all). Alfa UK have said that we can order any Alfa Romeo in 8C Red with a cost of £15,500 inc vat but nobody has placed an order yet.

We have sold cars with 8C Red paint over the past couple of years but these all came into the UK as promotional cars initially and then sold by Alfa UK via the Cloverleaf Club and some dealerships.

Somewhere in the UK there is at least one of every current model in 8C Red including a 159 TI - all very rare indeed.

The new Alfa Giulietta will be available in the UK with 8C Red Paint as an official option costing around 2,000 Euros (To be confirmed) - this may mean that after the launch of the Giulietta in June we may be able order any model in 8C Red paint with the smaller price tag. We have a number of customers who would pay this price but are not prepared to pay £15,500.

See attached photos of the MiTo in 8C Red

Regards
Mangoletsi
I don't remember seeing that set of legs hanging out of a Mito in the showroom whenever i've been in. Must be the reason behind the £15k price of the paint.;)

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
The Spider Mille Miglia limited edition also came in 8C red :cool:
Pretty!

I see only 11 made, so not much hope of getting a used one.

Not sure about the clover leaf badge though, looks a little silly to me....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts