Alfa Romeo Forum banner

301 - 311 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thanks @hdvp . Do you, or anyone else, have experience of running the B12 kit (B6 shocks and Pro springs) on a TBI TI with 19" wheels ?

Does the car ground the same or worse than the stock shock/spring setup ?

Any better setups to reduce grounding ?
The 17” wheels is my winter wheels
I run 19” TI in summer with no issues. It’s same as with 17” but they are less forgiving....

·
Registered
194 Posts
I sense that there might be a little confusion around suspension here

Whilst I’m sure lowering rise height will play a part in terms of clearance and speed humps, it is as much the way the suspension and springs work together to slow both compression and rebound

You really get a sense of the importance of suspension on motorbikes and how things can seem counter intuitive.

My point? Jays post referred to the firmness and how the suspension behaved. My experience (albeit with another 2.4Ti) is that the progressive eibachs plus the bilsteins gives the best compromise (which is what suspension is) between being great for everyday driving and the yet you still feel the difference when pushing hard with spirited driving

I’d be very surprised if it bottoms out as readily post kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm soon going to install Bilstein B14 coilovers on my 159 TBi.
Will then be selling my Bilstein B12 Pro-kit (Eibach-Bilstein Suspension Kit "Sportiva")
that's used for 25.000 km (16.000 miles)
It fits 1.8 MPI, 1.8 TBi, 1.9 JTS, 2.2 JTS, 1.9 JTDM 8V, 1.9 JTDM 16 V, 2.0 JTDM

·
Registered
366 Posts
I ditched the idea of getting Bilstein B14..
According to a little research, they corrode easy when used in climate were road are salted in winters.
This means that stainless coilovers will be needed and my choice will be either KW v1 or Novitec Stradale+.
Apperently the Novicec's are rebranded KW's with different springs. No one seems to know the real difference though.

I can get KW v1 locally for same price as the Novitec Stradale+ from SquadraSportiva, but a little in doubt what to go for..

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got a set of the Bilstein B6 shock absorbers for sale. Brand new, still in the box. 2x 24-128780 and 2x 24-128797. PM me if you're interested. I haven't listed them for sale anywhere else as I know someone on the forum will want them soon enough!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello guys!
Need your advice.

AR159 '09 Ti 2.4JTDm
Now I have H&R -30/35 springs fitted with:
front - trw shocks for "sport suspension"
rear - sachs shocks.

one of rear shocks is dead after 35-40k km and I've found slightly used Bilstein B6 + Eibach springs(or it's eibach suspension kit) from 3.2 q4(manual) for very good price(around 300$) and thinking about installing these B6 shocks with my H&R springs.

is it worth it?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I’d be very surprised if it bottoms out as readily post kit
Eating my words.......

The longer I've had the Sportiva kit combo, the more disappointed I've been - and specifically, the bottoming out experience. I am continually getting this on the left hand side to the point I'm possibly going to junk them after about 35k miles. I never experienced this on my old Ti (Eibachs + Koni FSD's) and so I'm currently pondering between fitting Koni's - or even going to Coilovers......

I've had my alfa guy (Gareth @ Northern Alfa) check and recheck them (ride height, broken spring, shock leaking, etc.) and he can't see anything, so the only conclusion I can come to is that either I have a dud, or they arent ideally matched....

301 - 311 of 311 Posts