Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
159 Ti Sideskirts - Dent in cars sideskirt, will ti skirts cover it?

Hello all,

Just discovered a rather nasty set of scratches just behind the drivers side wheel arch under where the door hinges. I was going to get Ti sideskirts anyways but I was wondering if they would successfully cover this blemish? I'd like to know how they actually attach to the car because I can only see one seperating edge for the sideskirts i.e nearer the doors, I can't see where they would 'detach' at the rear as the panel just seems to merge into the pillars / boot area.

Any help would be appreciated, pics to follow soon.

The dent was there when I bought the car, but the scratches are new. No idea how they came about, only just noticed them yesterday. I just want to know if the Ti skirts will cover the area affected.

Going by this pic,it looks as if the top of the ti sideskirts lips under the door completely so should cover the scratch and large dent, it may not be 100% flush where the panel curves inwards but I suppose that could be filled in with filler or some such.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/Peter10101010/TI.jpg

Cheers,
Joe.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hello all,

Just discovered a rather nasty set of scratches just behind the drivers side wheel arch under where the door hinges. I was going to get Ti sideskirts anyways but I was wondering if they would successfully cover this blemish? I'd like to know how they actually attach to the car because I can only see one seperating edge for the sideskirts i.e nearer the doors, I can't see where they would 'detach' at the rear as the panel just seems to merge into the pillars / boot area.

Any help would be appreciated, pics to follow soon.

The dent was there when I bought the car, but the scratches are new. No idea how they came about, only just noticed them yesterday. I just want to know if the Ti skirts will cover the area affected.

Going by this pic,it looks as if the top of the ti sideskirts lips under the door completely so should cover the scratch and large dent, it may not be 100% flush where the panel curves inwards but I suppose that could be filled in with filler or some such.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/Peter10101010/TI.jpg

Cheers,
Joe.
My skirts are from Italy and they came with a bunch of complicated instructions to fit and a set of pop rivets and some 'no more nails' style glue. So you need to drill a few holes and pop rivet creatively. I won't be fitting them, someone else competent with bodging will! The only issue with the skirts is not the cost of buying and fitting them it is finding somewhere cheap to get them painted... and I'm sure they will cover your blemish, the photo shows the coverage well. Good luck!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hurri,

Yeah I figured the installing would be hard and erm 'creative'. I know a place where I can get them sprayed for £60, actually going to buy a set from Italy for about £150 including postage.

I just hope the skirts don't clip when I drive down curbs as the people at the end of my road give me no choice but to mount them else scrape the alloys.

It's annoying when ever I see a scratch or 'blemish', always puts me off wanting to clean it for some reason, as if there is no point as it will just make the damage more obvious.

Cheers,
Joe.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks Hurri,

Yeah I figured the installing would be hard and erm 'creative'. I know a place where I can get them sprayed for £60, actually going to buy a set from Italy for about £150 including postage.

I just hope the skirts don't clip when I drive down curbs as the people at the end of my road give me no choice but to mount them else scrape the alloys.

It's annoying when ever I see a scratch or 'blemish', always puts me off wanting to clean it for some reason, as if there is no point as it will just make the damage more obvious.

Cheers,
Joe.

can you post link

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts