Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, after 7 years of gentle persuasion, my brother is about to join the Alfa fold. :)

As a family man the 159 1.9JTDm is the sensible choice, so the only decision left to make is which version to have. The 159Ti or the 159 Limited Edition (James Bond - Quantum of Solace Edition)

Personally I would buy the Ti for the seats alone but my brother's not convinced. :rolleyes:

The LE comes with some nice extras, but so does the Ti, so what are your thoughts people?

Which would you buy, and why? :confused:

The 159Ti in black, the 159 Ti in white or the 159 LE?

Attachments

G

·
0 Posts
I'd go with the Ti but to be honest would be happy with either. There' s probably less LE's about. I think it looks the business in white but would opt for black with tan leather....no white with tan, no black, no red :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
To be honest the LE should have been a 3.2 V6 in a true dedication to the film :lol:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd go with the Ti but to be honest would be happy with either. There' s probably less LE's about. I think it looks the business in white but would opt for black with tan leather....no white with tan, no black, no red :lol:
:lol: This is the problem. It looks great in every combination. :rolleyes:

To be honest the LE should have been a 3.2 V6 in a true dedication to the film :lol:
This is true. :thumbs:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hi Nick, I had this very problem 2 months ago. I went for the Ti, it just seemed the better option. As you say the seats alone are worth it. Let's face it it's where you spend most of your time after all! If you want I'm more than happy for you to have a good look around mine without the salesman hassle! All the best Kev.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Got to be the Ti. No question. Black or white? Both great so just personal preference.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
The Ti is great:cool:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Nick, I had this very problem 2 months ago. I went for the Ti, it just seemed the better option. As you say the seats alone are worth it. Let's face it it's where you spend most of your time after all! If you want I'm more than happy for you to have a good look around mine without the salesman hassle! All the best Kev.
Thanks Kev. Thats a top offer. :thumbs:

·
Registered
919 Posts
ti all the way, not sure about the white though, red or black....

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thanks Kev. Thats a top offer. :thumbs:
No problem mate. I'm only 2 mins from Sth Mimms if your bro did want a good look around it , more than happy to go for a drive too so he can see just how superb the seats are!!!

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Ti. Red with black leather.

LEs are specifically for people that want but can't afford a ti.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No problem mate. I'm only 2 mins from Sth Mimms if your bro did want a good look around it , more than happy to go for a drive too so he can see just how superb the seats are!!!
Thanks Kev. :thumbs:

He went for a good look around at the local Alfa showroom today and after sitting in both of them the decision is made. A Ti it is. :D

Now the only problem is what colour combo? :confused:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Huuum - this thread needs a little bit of balance me feels!

I personally went for the LE!!!

And actually, yes - money was one of the decision makers, but certainly not the only one! The LE is by far better value for money and you get a lot of car for that money.

The TI is a little more money but actually does not come with some of the toys the LE comes with! (although it comes with other toys and indeed, the nice seat). But note the LE seat is far from a crap seat!!!!

Im at the Guinness record on the 7th Feb so feel free to compare my LE with TI (if you are there).

Also - Although the LE is the Bond special edition, the actual car used in the film was the 3.2 V6 TI!!!!:lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Feldone. Nice to hear from an LE owner. :)

Out of interest, what toys come with the LE?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thanks Feldone. Nice to hear from an LE owner. :)

Out of interest, what toys come with the LE?
electric folding side mirrors
Auto lights and wiper and monochromatic rear view mirror
anti-misting front window
Black Frau Leather
Blue & Me Sat Nav
Sports Stearing wheel (same as TI but without the red stiching)
Red Brembo break

But what sold it for me in the end was the amazing looking darkened 19s. Although I do like the TI seats - I just really fell for the LE dark 19s

The below thread might provide further help!

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...143219-alfa-romeo-159-limited-edition-10.html

1 - 20 of 39 Posts