Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My 159 Ti 2.4 is due an oil change and possibly an upper suspension arm.

The Engine Oil Change light flashes for a few moments upon startup - I assume this is down to oil degradation so im booking it in for an oil change.

Firstly, which grade and brand of oil do people recommend please?

Secondly, for the upper arm, do I go for genuine part, or are the aftermarket parts from somewhere like Euro Car parts ok?

Thanks in advance

Otis

·
Banned
3,110 Posts
Oil change message is have been talking a lot.
It is not connected to oil change itself. It is connected to dedicated mechanic possibility to reset Alfa- ECU with oil change together. Just do it proper place or do care MES software yourselves.
Upper arms are to be crossed properly with OE part numbers. TRW&LEMFORDER analogues are really good enough.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi Otis

Regarding oil grade I'd check the owners manual that can be down loaded from this forum. My wife's car is a 2.0 jtdm and needs 5w 30s but I'm not sure what the 2.4 needs. Once you know the grade the most important rule is to ensure the oil is fully synthetic and meets C3 spec. ( C3 especially if you have a DPF fitted ).

Just before Xmas Euro Car Parts were selling Shell Helix Ultra G4 ( meets the above ) for just over £18 for 5 litres which is an absolute bargain ( I snapped up 10 litres for £37 so the next 2 oil changes are sorted ) not sure if the offer is still on - if not they do regularly have offers on.

hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts