1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last my 159 Ti has arrived..
Delivered this morning and they took away my trusty 147
First impressions:

Stunning car in the flesh, clearly it needs a clean after a trip up to Scotland from Mangoletsi in Cheshire, but it is lovely in black with black interior - I like the dark headlining, never knew what all the fuss was about but I do like it.

Doesn't sound too dieselly, which is nice (its just a 1.9 JTDm), and pulls well (if not quite like the 2.0 TS in the 147 which was pretty go-kart like)

Blue and Me is cool - iphone hooked up in seconds, Media player USB malarky good too.

P1020250.jpg

P1020251.jpg

Loving it for the full 2 hours of owning it so far..Glad I went for a Ti:thumbs:

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Looking good - another Ti on the road :cool::thumbs:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Withina

Ive ordered the same from Mangos. A few queries you might be able to help with:-

Can you play music from iPhone via Blue&Me or does the USB have to be used? (Also do the steering controls work for the iPhone when listening to music?)

You probably ordered before me, but roughly how long since ordering to today has it been?

I'm itching to pick up my 159 Ti !!!

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
What a stunning car - you really will enjoy it.....feels more grown up than the 147 !

Park it on your high street then go and stand on the other side of the road....you wont believe the amount of people checking it out, most people too reserved to do this when you are around the car.

Enjoy your weekend in it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure about music over Blue and Me, I don't think so, but I'm "working from home" so not had a chance to play - MikeyW has the same so he might know.

I ordered about 4 weeks ago, and it took about 2 weeks to get PDI'd and arrive at Mango's - but I had a cockup with DVLA and transferring the old plate of the 147, so I had to wait until today to get it. Kevan at Mango's just phoned me to check I'm happy with it - good service all round. I've never even been there, I agreed a price for my 147, they drove the Ti up here (Glasgow), and took the 147 away, so all in all very painless.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sham,

What colour did you go for? Mikey's got Black with tan which is stunning, and since ordering I've been ogling Red/Tan ones, which are probably they best colour I think. Mine is Black/Black which I'm really happy with too

Think I've got to bin this afternoon's conference calls and go play with my new toy :)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Nice car! Is that a 159?

Just kidding! :D ;)

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Fantastic! Great choice. Trust me, you'll love it! :cool::D

So true about people checking it out, I love it when I look out the upstairs office window and catch someone walking around it and looking in the side window with the old cupped hand over the eyes. Good feeling. And just wait while you give her some steam over those great roads round there - they are very composed and a lot of fun to hustle.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Been out playing tonight....I'm loving it
It needs cleaned though, Black is going to be a nightmare :)
Rarer than a rare thing, haven't seen another 159 yet, never mind a Ti :) :) :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Withina

Ours is ordered as black/black. Agree about red tho. Our problem was after red gt3.2 and then red rx8, we needed a change. Black is a bugger to clean! I remember my black astra coupe. A tip - buy a rubber squeegee thingy to get rid of water then shammy leather. Should prevent annoying watermarks, until it rains!

Good that mangos delivered. How come u a chose dealer so far away? Not sure whether to put the plate from rx8 on if retention comes through in time, or to run 09 RRG for a bit?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts