Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Havn't been on here for a while , but a couple of weeks ago the 159 let me down and wouldn't start . Battery was flat so with some jump leads got it started and took it to local garage who tested battery and confirmed it was knackered although car is only 2 1/2 years old . Apparently this is not uncommon with new cars as there are so many sensors and ECU,s etc working 24/7.
Then this week it let me down with a waterpipe connection breaking which left me stranded until the AA could do a temporary fix .
Now this might all seem bad but I treat this car like a van as I use it for work carrying tools and equipment for my business and it does get abused> I also work mainly within a 10 mile radius so the car doesn't do many runs and is constantly in traffic jams and stop start traffic . So after 2 1/2 years of abuse and nearly 40 thousand miles I don't think this is to bad , especialy that my 2 previous vans which did this work previously had by now both needed new turbos /cats etc (vw transporter and vivaro)1 needed a new gearbox and the other new flywhell .
Must add that the AA thought that the garage that fitted the new battery might have damaged the waterpipe connector at the same time .
So all in all I just thought Id post to say I still love the car , it does everything I ask including being a work car , a family car , and gets loads of positive attention when clean .
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, don't normally post and just read other peoples comments, but I thought I would because the car really has been excellent and sometimes I think its good to hear some positive news for a change . like I said you cant blame Alfa for the battery.
cheers
chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good to hear these stories too, bcz all you hear and read here are the bad things.

Ppl who are happy and not have much troubles should post too bcz ofcourse if nothing is wrong ppl will not complain or spend there time on this forum too much :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts