Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just bought a new 159 TBI Ti and the registration document says its a Lusso TBI.

The Alfa dealer who supplied it says they register all Ti models as Lussos, but that doesn't make sense to me. (The car is definitely a genuine Ti not an uprated and modified Lusso in case you were wondering!)

If you've got a Ti model can you tell me what your V5 says under model?

Thanks

·
Registered
282 Posts
mine is 159 2.4Jtdm TI
you can send the reg doc off for alteration but im not sure what you'll need to back up your claims,

·
Registered
318 Posts
A different model but when I bought my GT SE a couple of years back the dealer filled the paperwork in as 170 Cloverleaf as SE wasn't listed on their system. Same with the insurance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really weird explanation from dealer. Claims that Ti's up to 2010 were registered as Ti's but since then (due to some incomprehensible homologation saga) they are considered to be variants of Lusso and all Ti's are registered as Lusso's. May explain why Elfred's is also shown as a Lusso. Have told dealer I don't care and that I want the car registered correctly as a Ti. Don't want the hassle of explaining to insurance companies or some time in the future to a new owner.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Loads of similar stories on Mitos with Lusso/Veloce V5. If you check the door plate they often say both (As TI and Veloce are considered cosmetic upgrades from lower spec model) However enough owners with correct V5's to lead me to believe that this is standard dealer guff. (Mine is late 2010 and is a TI in the V5) Would insist it was sorted if i were you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I got the same explanation from Corkills at Cheshire Oaks, mine is a 11 plate genuine ti, when i rang for insurance they thought it was a Lusso, but told them it was a ti.

I have always wondered about the explanation as my car was a cancelled order, but when I collected, everything was correct for a ti, lowered, 19" alloys, red leather stitching, fold down rear seats etc, but the wing mirrors where same colour as car and not silver, to be honest I think it looks better with body coloured wing mirrors, dealer said it was the way it was delivered from the factory. Still makes me wonder thou

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think the moral of this story is that many Alfa dealers don't know what they're talking about! The number of features the salesman told me my car didn't have, and when I bought it I found it did is more than 10! He didn't even know how much power it had (although obviously I had done my homework and already knew this).

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think the moral of this story is that many Alfa dealers don't know what they're talking about! The number of features the salesman told me my car didn't have, and when I bought it I found it did is more than 10! He didn't even know how much power it had (although obviously I had done my homework and already knew this).
Maybe something to do with the fact that in other market's the TI is a pack that you have to specify from the options list and not a model in its own right. For example, in Finland you would buy the base 159 tbi and then select the TI-pack from the options list.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorted at last!

After two months have finally got the V5 back correctly showing the car as a Ti instead of Lusso!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
After two months have finally got the V5 back correctly showing the car as a Ti instead of Lusso!
I had the same issue, only it was Alfa UK who had wrongly registered the car, as it was a management car.

DVLA changed it on request and its correctly listed now... As mentioned above seems to be fairly common...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts