Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone who has some experience in daily ownership of af 159 ti in the 8C colour? Is their issues regarding stone chipping and how resistant is the colour to daily use - easy getting scratched and so on? It is regarding modelyear 2010 and forward.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think I'm the only one here with the 8C Competizione paint and I got it too recently to tell you how is easy or difficult is to live with it.
If you're interested how the simplified Rosso Competizione lasts, you'd be better off asking the guys in the Giulietta lounge, or stefanocirillo - who got his Brera resprayed in that color.

·
Registered
813 Posts
As toshy above mentioned, my Brera has been respray in Rosso Competizione (same option colour offered on giuliettas). I've probably done a good 3 or 4k miles on it and I have to say it seems to be holding up a lot better than the Alfa red previously - although that is notoriously soft. I've got a touch up pen just like before should I get any nasty chips, but so far so good!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Where did you got that touch up pen from? Even if it's not the same color, it should be close enough for me to use it too.

I got a small accident a few days ago...

Attachments

·
Registered
813 Posts
Owch! I had the paint shop who did the work mix me up a pot. They had to do a colour match because as you know the paint job has many different layers in it so its impossible to have a proper touch up pen. Its unbelievable, the liquid looks fluorescent pink, but once applied and dried i cannot tell the difference....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts