Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy days folks, my 159 ti delivery date has actually been brought forward to this Friday.

What can I say, can't wait. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Im as excited as you are :)

Its been a LONG time coming.................:eek:

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
lucky person :thumbs:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I can only say "you'll love it"! Congratulations.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im as excited as you are :)

Its been a LONG time coming.................:eek:
Oh yeah babes. I ordered my first 159 over a year ago!!

I haven't told my son yet but I'm going to pick him up from school in it on Friday.

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Oh yeah babes. I ordered my first 159 over a year ago!!

I haven't told my son yet but I'm going to pick him up from school in it on Friday.
You shouldnt tell him at all, just turn up. That would be an excellent suprise :D :D

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Jim, as baby said, this one was a loooong time coming. You're clearly enjoying yours.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Well , best of luck with the Ti... when my 156 grows up it wants to be a 159:lol:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Cheers Jim, as baby said, this one was a loooong time coming. You're clearly enjoying yours.
Too true, too true. :D

I haven't yet got used to so many people going out of their way to say how nice it is! Kinds on buses pointing to it in traffic; other drivers letting me out at busy junctions.......and it is such a cracking place to be too!

Took the family down to Dorset to see friends at the weekend. 600 mile round trip, average speed 67mph (mostly 80mph on the M-way), returned 42mpg. Got there and pal has a 320d with loads of extras picked it up exactly the same day I got the Ti - his words "It was a nice but sensible choice - the Alfa is GORGEOUS!"

He'd also just bought a near new (15k old) RangeRover 2.7d for his wife.....it wouldn't start.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What colour did you go for Jim?

I can quite honestly say that I have never looked forward to picking up a car as I am this one. I really cannot wait.

I could have got it on Thursday but I'm away on business and I wanted to be there when it arrived. I didn't want Mrs Disco accepting it on my behalf.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered mine in early July so it's been about 17 weeks Trev. I ordered some extra's like the Bose sound system and tri zone air con which added at least 4 weeks to the delivery time.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hmmm. I ordered zenon lights and electric mirrors (and natural interior) and if it's that long then it will be cancelled forthwith as my current lease contract VW goes back end of Jan.

I wouldn't have thought they were inundated with UK orders at present, so hoping it will be a lot quicker!!

Absence makes the heart grow fonder....good things come to those who wait etc, etc!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well you're looking at at least 3 months Trev. Mine was originally 3 months but was put back a further month due to demand.

Due to a variety of reasons like changing jobs and having to cancel the original order as a result I originally ordered a 159 over a year ago!

Now you can see why I'm so excited about finally getting it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well there is a pre-reg in exactly my spec save the zenons at a dealer a little further away which I could have NOW, but tales on here have put me off them.

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Well there is a pre-reg in exactly my spec save the zenons at a dealer a little further away which I could have NOW, but tales on here have put me off them.
That's a shame. You should realise that people only really post about problems in the tech lounge. That's why the lounge is here after all - to help people. If you let that get to you you're missing out on a great car.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Great news Disco :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 111 Posts