Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here got a 159 that has a boot that can only be operated by the key ?
The roof console switch is blanked out and the boot itself only has a badge that does not push in. Looks like mine was in a change over period when they were moving to the boot switch badge, but didnt bother with mine.
Any ideas ?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes thank you Merlin. I can only dream of such pleasures.
I may have a look to see if the PCB has the feed, if not i will find the connector they would have used somewhere.
Thanks for your replies

·
Registered
841 Posts
There was no inbetween period. If yours hasn't got the roof console boot release then it will have the push button boot badge. You need to go into the car settings menu and set the boot release to independant release (or the opposit of what you have it set to now.) The boot badge will then press in and open the boot, without it youll be stood in the car park pushing and shoving with nothing happening. :) Stupid really but its an insurance feature to stop people opening your boot at traffic lifghts etc and nicking stuff - like that happens much?

·
Registered
363 Posts
There was no inbetween period. If yours hasn't got the roof console boot release then it will have the push button boot badge. You need to go into the car settings menu and set the boot release to independant release (or the opposit of what you have it set to now.) The boot badge will then press in and open the boot, without it youll be stood in the car park pushing and shoving with nothing happening. :) Stupid really but its an insurance feature to stop people opening your boot at traffic lifghts etc and nicking stuff - like that happens much?
So this option is for boot badge button only?

I have the boot release button on my roof console. However, it doesn't seem to work when I push it.

Can anyone offer any help with this?

·
Registered
841 Posts
So this option is for boot badge button only?

I have the boot release button on my roof console. However, it doesn't seem to work when I push it.

Can anyone offer any help with this?
Its been a while since I've had the old one but I think the same applies for the roof console button. Try it and see if it starts working?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
The boot badge will then press in and open the boot, without it youll be stood in the car park pushing and shoving with nothing happening. :) Stupid really but its an insurance feature to stop people opening your boot at traffic lifghts etc and nicking stuff - like that happens much?
In practice, if you have the doors set to autolock as you drive away, the boot will remain locked until someone gets out of the car.

Edit: Actually I don't know if that works - anyone tried it?

·
Registered
841 Posts
In practice, if you have the doors set to autolock as you drive away, the boot will remain locked until someone gets out of the car.

Edit: Actually I don't know if that works - anyone tried it?
Hey - blame the UK insurance industry, they stopped us having remote keyless entry for almost a decade so crazy opportunist traffic light thieves is almost sane by their standards :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I hope this is not OT. Didn't want to open a new topic about almost the same thing. I figured out unlocking the boot (few months ago) but can't believe there is no better solution of opening it. Anyone upgraded something? Is there a chance to build in some device like in BMW E60 and open it on remote? Gets on my nervs every time!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
841 Posts
In the UK the boot release is on the remote.

You just cant use it while the fob is in the ignition, hence the roof panel :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts