Alfa Romeo Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #101 (Edited)
Tesla 3 Performance....have to wait 3-4 months though.
I can't see how petrol and diesel engined "performance" cars will have a future.
No need for a Golf R, Bmw 140i, Giulia Veloce, Audi S3+S4.
I decided to use half the money, to be faster and drive a somewhat ugly electric car :)
After you test drive one of those things, there's no going back - a traditonal car simply feels slow, noisy and dated.
Even as fast as the Giulia QV and the likes:

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Lol....being a real petrol head I would be ashamed to post that on a public forum! (and yes I've driven a few electric cars including a couple of Tesla S models belonging to customers....they don't handle at all well imo) . If you just want fast transport that's cheapish to run then great.....I want a car with soul, noise and charactor. All completely missing from those electric appliances. And in a country that still produces most of its power from coal and oil and with a car with a massive production and disposal carbon foot print and a relatively short life you have to question it's green credentials too. Add to that their very poor reliability record?....nope definitely not for me until I'm forced to. On the good news front..the more that use them the more fuel left for me to put in my particulate producing diesel and my (hopefully) soon to be completed 7 to the gallon blown 9.9 litre (605 CI as we say) V8 69 Charger. If all goes well with that hopefully every time I start it somewhere in the World a Polar bear will die! (Just a joke tree huggers....just a joke!)
Just out of interest which "car" is it you you are getting? Can't think of any leccy cars that are faster than those you mention for half the price. Tesla S is rather more that those. Just for balance I actually think that the S is a very pretty machine...which makes me wonder how they got the truly hideous Model 3 so wrong....especially the front...barfff!

Edit ...just re read your post Tesla 3. Lol. Sorry...each to his own I guess..but at £55,000 they are hardly "half the price" of the cars you said....and you will have to drive a fair way (maybe even without breaking down...) to break even.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #103 (Edited)
Did I ever state I cared for climate - actually I don't give a duck..
....and you just sound like the horseriders when the automobile once was introduced....
"you'll miss the sound and soul of the animal" - geeez... what a fart...
I serious doubt you've driven a Tesla 3 performance. It handles very very good, and is even faster on track than an M3 or Giulia QV.
In Denmark a Giulia QV is 1.300.000 DKK and a Tesla 3 performance is 450.000 DKK. Do the math..
And please don't throw the reliabillty card in a Alfa forum. You seem to be the one always dissing some parts of an Alfa... now go fuel your noisy and stinky derv with even worse handling - oh I forgot, old, dated and slow....

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
LOL! Each to his own. I will have to get used to it. No new car powered by diesel or petrol will be allowed to be legally sold in the UK after 2042....but I will be 75 so it wont affect me much! Interesting prices....over here the Quad is only £8000 more than the Tesla 3 Performance....way more than double the cost of the Tesla over there???? So are we being ripped off on the Tesla or are you being ripped off on the Quad!!?

...also I'm big ALFA fan....I'm not the one "dissing" (how old?) them...had my first one about 30 years ago! I'm just not the sort that turns a blind eye to glaring design/manufacturing faults just because I love the brand...I just say it how I see it. All cars have there issues. Tesla fall below ALFA in the current reliability tables....that about all I need to know!

Oh...and my diesel is not NOISY!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)
You just seem like an old fart that always have to come with a negative comment... instead you could just have said "hey, dude, congrats with your new electric car, it's not for me but hope you'll enjoy and not miss your 159 TBi"
But, no - you just come to talk negatively - something I just knew you would as soon as I announced it was a Tesla.
And ALL Alfa diesels sound like tracktors...
I was wrong about the Giulia QV price in Denmark.
Its 1.448.000 DKK http://docs.alfaromeo.dk/Prislister/giuliaqprisliste/?page=2
And at last , even I'm an educated person, English is not my first language so excuse me for my use of grammer, spelling and expressions - really, get a life...

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
He man...chill out. If you put something about another marque on a forum that's dedicated to ALFA lovers you are going to get some flack. If you cant take it don't post on an open forum. Do feel free to take the mickey out of my ancient, poorly handling, thirsty (but completely beautiful in my eyes) yank tank....others do.....I can handle it!! Your English is great by the way...I would never have noticed you were not English if you had not said.....much better than my Italian....and I AM half Italian!!! Enjoy your new toy!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
By purpuse I didn't want to post what electric car I switched to after I sold my 159.
But I was asked, and then I answered. Some users here apparently did not have any issues with the answer I gave.
Yes the 159 is a beauty - you can't deny that. But that's about it... it's interiour is dated (even was in 2010 when my 159 was new), technollogy is dated and on top of that It's also somewhat heavy and slow compared to modern cars (even a small cheap Seat Ibiza FR is faster that most Alfa's)
Yes the Tesla 3 front is ugly. But on the road most will only see the rear - lol.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts