Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im having bother getting onto a switched 12v live to run a sony headunit in my 159, i had the same problem in my 156 but as the 12v socket was in the dash its a simple task. I dont mind having the stereo on a perminant live but i run a mp3 charger and a parrot along with the headunit and they both need a switched earth. Ive tried to remove the 12v socket in the center console and ended up breaking one of the hinged lugs :mad: only to find no play @ all in the cables and no easy hidden route to the dash. Ive removed the 2 finshing panels either side of the gear stick and tried to remove the cool box compartment but am comming up short even with the 3 screws below the rubber mats removed and the armrest off . Is there an easier switched 12v feed in the dash, maybe from the fuse box to link into
cheers D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nev, i had used the search function prob making it harder than it looked. To make things worse ive read that link a few weeks back and never took it in, would have saved me breaking the hinged socket FFS !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts