Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some desponding news. The 159's replacement has been delayed for another year.
We will only see it in 2014. See the articles concern regarding AR only having the Mito and Giulietta to sell.

Last year, poor sales caused the Alfa Romeo 159 to be discontinued and it appears that its successor won’t be making any sort of debut until 2014. Sergio Marchionne, CEO of Fiat-Chrysler, spoke at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show saying that the 159′s replacement has been delayed once again.

Currently the Alfa Romeo brand only has the MiTo and Giulietta hatchback models to sell, causing concern among Alfa Romeo dealers in Europe. When the news of the 159′s cut first hit, Fiat claimed that the 159′s replacement was delayed to 2013 because of design issues. Now another year of delays could put a strain on the Alfa Romeo’s limited brand.

“We are not delaying the Alfa because of architecture but because of availability of powertrains that match the DNA of the brand,” said Marchionne.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Powertrains???

Get rid of that kak q4 or keep it and mate it to a 3.0 TURBO unit like the BMW's do!

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
“We are not delaying the Alfa because of architecture but because of availability of powertrains that match the DNA of the brand,” said Marchionne.

DNA this DNA that..... :tut: just throw that stupid switch in the bin and build a proper car that doesnt need it, not once in the 159 did it ever feel like a DNA switch is needed because the car already does Dynamic, normal and all weather perfectly, why? because its built on a big ass proper comfortable platform with the most advanced magnetti marrelli multi link suspension

The solution is simple.

-Get a proper platform
-Use a proper suspension setup
-Bin the switch
-Rear wheel drive it
-Add turbo to nice engine

People who usually buy 159 class cars are people who want to get in, drive and go do business and the car must play along, he does not have time to play around with switches and buttons.

Sorry for the rant but seriously i want this giulia to come out now so that i can buy one firstly and secondly so that alfa doesnt have such a embarrassing line up, delaying a car over what is essentially a Gimmick really boils my blood :mad:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Benzina I don't believe he is talking about the switch. I believe he is talking about what the brand stands for. The rest I agree on what you saying.

·
Registered
452 Posts
It doesn't say DNA switch, it says they haven't got the powertrain to match the DNA of the alfa romeo brand! To me, that means the haven't got a proper engine available yet to match the sporty character of an alfa!

G

·
Yawn.. It was announced more than 9 months ago that the Giulia wont see the light in 2012 and will only be shown to the public in the middle of 2013 and go on sale in 2014... This news is not exactly new..

It has been mentioned more than once that both Sergio and the CEO of Alfa Romeo Harald Wester want the new 225kw 1.8l Alu block in the Giulia! Furthermore they are working on the new 3.0D V6 that will go into the Giulia as well as the possibility of a 3.2l V6.

No point in building the car and not having the engines you want in it..

The new 1.8l engine will only be available from beginning of 2013 anyways..

And the Giulia is a crucial part of Alfa's return to the US. So if they screw this up Alfa will not make it in the US.

So it will have RWD since the yanks like RWD.

The DNA switch however will not be binned.. Thats part and parcel of the new Alfa's

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
PUT THE NEW 1.8l INTO THE G GTA!!!!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yawn.. It was announced more than 9 months ago that the Giulia wont see the light in 2012 and will only be shown to the public in the middle of 2013 and go on sale in 2014... This news is not exactly new..

Soek jy bietjie koffie Perreby? Ek het vir jou baie!

G

·

Soek jy bietjie koffie Perreby? Ek het vir jou baie!
:cheese:

Ysman, ek drink klaar te veel koffie.. Ek drink wel te min bier..

So ruil die koffie vir bier en ek is daar

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Except that it won't look like that!!

All those photo shopped designs that get everyone's blood pressure up always comes to naught.
Remember how great the Brera looked in the drawings and at the shows and then how it was toned down when it was launched?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts