Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Alfa 159 (2010) MP3/BLUE AND ME. So long story short I had some stereo shonks come over and attempt to fit a new HU for me. 4 hours later they tell me the unit is faulty and needs replacing. He said it was working, then all of a sudden it wasn't.... Also popped the HIFI fuse under the bonnet. I told them to put everything back the way it was, including my stock blaupunkt double din mp3. They did. Except.... I turn on the car and no dice with the stereo...... Not even a light. I pulled it out and checked all the ISO plugs fuse in the back of the unit all ok. Now I can't get hold of the guy!!! He told me before he left all was good. Also said that he didn't cut any wires or do anything like that as he got a harness. No CAN BUS errors or anything like that. Checked fuse in back of unit and under dash and under the hood. HELP PLEASE HELP!!! I tried to get people to do this stuff for me so I wouldn't have to go through all this!!!!:cry:

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
You pressed the on/off button (volume knob), right?! :p

Sounds dodgy. If you live in the Geelong area, I can have a look next week. Presumably another fuse blown 'somewhere'. If you have a multimeter, check that the Ub (main powerwire) is providing +12V. The CANBUS system triggers it on/off though (as opposed to an ignition/accessories wire).

What aftermarket headunit is being fitted? Do you have the Connects2 CTSAR002 steering wheel control interface to use - this is CANBUS compatible to trigger the new headunit on/off. Without it, it will require some minor rewiring to operate. No idea what the 'installer' attempted to do of course.

:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I pushed the power button ;)

Ok ok..... No, we were still waiting on the steering wheel control stalk. He said he had wired the other one deck without it, and that I had to until I received the stalk control interface, turn the unit on/off manually! This to me didn't sound right..... So do you think he has changed some of the wiring? I pulled the stock system out. All of the wiring looked to be untouched....... I guess I need to go over the fuses etc..... :(

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Good one! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts