Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I own a '58 plate 159 with a B&M system installed as stock. I also use an iPhone 6 for my music in this car.

Unfortunately, in this setup the only way I can get my music playing is via the use of a poxy FM transmitter. I want to set up an aux connection, but most of the cables on eBay state that they do not compute with the Blue & Me system.

Alternately, I would like to use the USB slot in my dash. However, the Blue & Me adaptor does not support iPhone 6 specifically, whilst supporting other iPhone models.

Please could I have your opinions as to how to get the best sound quality?

Thanks,

Will

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
However, the Blue & Me adaptor does not support iPhone 6 specifically, whilst supporting other iPhone models.
Sure about this? Ok, I sold our 159 2 years ago now, and I've only had an iPhone 5, but that worked. I would have thought it was iOS specific, not phone specific. Specs for the B&M adaptor off any website are likely outdated, created before the iPhone 6.

Anyway, there are hardwire options to explore, if you are happy to lose the CD changer (if you have it). See if there's a Loudlink model to suit you, or the Connects2 CTAARBT001. Note, I have not used either, so cannot vouch that they work perfectly, so do your research. :thumbup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure about this? Ok, I sold our 159 2 years ago now, and I've only had an iPhone 5, but that worked. I would have thought it was iOS specific, not phone specific. Specs for the B&M adaptor off any website are likely outdated, created before the iPhone 6.

Anyway, there are hardwire options to explore, if you are happy to lose the CD changer (if you have it). See if there's a Loudlink model to suit you, or the Connects2 CTAARBT001. Note, I have not used either, so cannot vouch that they work perfectly, so do your research. :thumbup:
I agree with you, it'd make a lot more sense that it'd be software dependent rather than hardware.

I ended up going ahead and buying the adaptor and I will just sell it on if it doesn't work, though I don't see why it wouldn't.

I'll see if it works and then maybe look into the CD changer emulators, cheers for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts