Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all ive never bought a alfa before but need to buy an estate and i think the 159 is the best looking on the market. Ive seen one for 8999 2007 56 Reg 1.9 JTDM 16v Lusso 5 Doors, Manual, Estate, Diesel, 73,000 miles, Metallic Grey, 1 Owner. Full Service History, UK Supplied, Air conditioning, Colour coding - Body, Multi function steering wheel, Multi Airbags, Power assisted steering, Remote locking, Centre arm rest, leather steering wheel, 6 Speed, Leather seat trim, Trip computer, Heated door mirrors, Electric door mirrors, Body coloured bumpers, Audio remote control, ABS, Alloy wheels, Cruise control, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Reverse parking aid, Side airbags, Radio/CD, Traction control, Front fog lights. would you people as the experts in my opinion say that is a good buy? as i have no idea! also with that many miles on the clock would you think I would get alot of trouble with it? thankyou!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks OK, but not as good a buy as my 41,000 mile 2.4JTDm for a measley £3,000 more ;)
If I were in the market for a 159 SW, I would buy this one as (a) it looks FANTASTIC, (b) is being sold by a long time member of this forum and most importantly, (c) you can bet your house that it's been well looked after! :thumbs:

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Inlet manifold replacement and egr valve (Common probs with 06/07 cars).
A wheel bearing.
Rattly rear view mirror.
Front upper swing arms.

All under warranty and car is running sweet as a nut (better now than ever actually).

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Should be fine but could need a replacement EGR (Exhaust Gas Return valve) at some point if it hasn't already had one (which it should have done if it was old enough to have needed replacement)

Price seems good, but then it's a high mileage which probably explains it. Probably about the cheapest SW you will get hold of!

We are also thinking about buying one to replace the wife's Spider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts