Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 156 sportwagon and am about to change to a 159.
Has anyone any comments on the sportwagon vs saloon

Rita

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Hello. Welcome to AO.
:D

It's much the same as with the 156 Sportwagon really. It looks better than the saloon, performance/economy is about the same as the saloon, it's more practical than the saloon, but it costs more.

The 159 is quite a bit bigger than the 156 though. This may either be an advantage or a disadvantage, but at least you are warned!

:)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

M

·
0 Posts
Welcome aboard:)

I think the old 156sw was a case of form over function, but now with the 159sw both form and function are almost equal as the 159sw has quite a big boot:)

N

·
0 Posts
Welcome.

To be honest I've not seen a 159 'wagon
in the wild yet?

They are still selling 156 Cross & Sport wagons
here.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Welcome!
I was going to buy the estate but decided the saloon looked better. Go to a dealer and look at the rear 3/4, IMHO the saloon looks neater. In terms of practicality the legroom and interior space is identical but obviously the luggage capacity is more on the estate. The boot on the saloon is pretty big so I suppose it's a question of how often you go to the tip or carry dogs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
RicksAlfas said:
Hello. Welcome to AO.
:D

It's much the same as with the 156 Sportwagon really. It looks better than the saloon, performance/economy is about the same as the saloon, it's more practical than the saloon, but it costs more.

The 159 is quite a bit bigger than the 156 though. This may either be an advantage or a disadvantage, but at least you are warned!

:)
I'll second that.

It's a sportwagon for me, 1 child and one on the way. Practical and beautiful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts